About the role….
Inari is looking to hire a summer intern to work in our West Lafayette, Indiana office supporting our Product Development organization. We are looking for a student with a focus in Operations Research with a concentration in data analytics. The ideal candidate would be entering his/her senior year of school.
As an Operations Research summer intern, you will…
- Collect and analyze data from current operation systems to develop decision support maps by using statistical analysis or simulations
- Develop mathematical model/s of potential and existing operational problems and propose practical solutions
- Perform tests to ensure the accuracy of the models
- Develop time and cost networks to plan, control, and review current projects
- Bachelor’s degree in an area such as mathematics, operations research, statistics, computer science, management science or physics
- Courses in other areas, such as engineering, agriculture or biology are preferred
- Experience with computer programming is encouraged
- Preference for rising seniors
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 170 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we’ve intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
- Employee organized groups, regular social events, and volunteer opportunities provide ways for us to forge personal connections and have fun
- A strong focus on professional development, with both internal and external learning opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities with external stakeholders through interactions with our Scientific Advisory Community
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; competitive parental leave