2 locations hiring for position: Franklin and Huntington, Indiana.
Advanced Agrilytics is looking for summer interns in the agronomy field to help with summer on-farm scouting in the corn belt for the summer of 2023. Interns will engage in a variety of activities, depending on their area of primary interest. All interns will gain experience in General Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Weed Science, leadership and management, data collection and evaluation, and grower relationship management.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Scouting grower acres, in a variety of different areas and environments
- Assisting in providing scouting reports for the grower customers at the direction of the Precision Agronomist and/or Lead Agronomist
- Taking part in soil sample collection efforts as needed
- Assist in implementation of various research efforts across our grower acres. Examples would include our hybrid trial implementation and various planter applied biological or starter fertilizer trials
- All Interns must be willing to work both in teams and alone throughout the summer
- Exhibiting the ability to effectively communicate with growers, agronomists, and other full time employees
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Agriculture or Science degree track preferred
- Willingness and ability to work under on-farm conditions
- Understanding of current farming practices is of benefit
- Must be task/project driven and able to work independently
- Must exhibit a growth mindset and a desire for continuous learning
Positions are available throughout much of the corn belt (IN, MI, OH, IL, IA, MO). Housing will be provided to those that are willing to relocate. In general, interns will be expected to work 40 hours/week. At times, hours in excess of 40 will be required and will be approved in advance by the supervisor.
When travel is required, all expenses will be reimbursed as approved in advance by the supervisor.
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomy services company that fills the gap between the mountains of data farmers have accumulated and the agronomic know-how to put it into action without bias. Established in 2013, Advanced Agrilytics is rapidly expanding its high-touch agronomy services footprint throughout the Corn belt to assist farmers in managing specific environments within the field and share research-based insights from an experience team with a passion for agriculture. To learn more, visit www.advancedagrilytics.com.