Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Lead based in Wilmington, DE.
Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Responsibility for the development, support and deployment of the Indirect procurement sourcing strategy globally at Corteva for multiple categories.
This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work multiple days a week from home.
- Support the development of the documented global sourcing/procurement strategies and strategic/tactical execution for the Indirect spend categories to achieve maximum value at the lowest total cost.
- Responsible for driving strategy, cost models, project portfolios, RFx documents, supplier selection decisions, contract negotiation and implementation as well as execution.
- Participate as full partner on the business, functions and regional leadership teams to fully understand the business strategy and to bring the external market place dynamics into the strategy and planning process.
- Engage with businesses, functions and regions to develop strategies that deliver savings and growth that are aligned with business, function and regional objectives.
- Drive execution of the Indirect procurement category and supplier relationship strategies.
- Develop in collaboration with Category Lead the strategic sourcing roadmap for all categories
- Develop and drive rigorous category and supplier performance metrics/programs.
- Drive process and policy simplification, governance and compliance.
- Team with other members of the Indirect Procurement team to ensure business focused to deliver on overall objectives.
- Champions, coaches the team and is a continuous learner on the use of standard sourcing processes, category management, risk mitigation and category/supplier performance management.
- Develop competencies that understand competitive landscape and industry trends and targeted development plans for all direct reports.
- Working with the buying team, fully evaluates the external market and develops strategies to mitigate risk and create competitive advantage versus our competition.
- Develops organization expertise recognized as “world class” both internally and externally. Work collaboratively with other sourcing colleagues to share best practices and procurement process improvements.
- Sets high standards for the organization for ethics, professionalism and compliance to all internal controls.
- Manages all internal controls and contract-related aspects of outsourced services.
- Develops relationships with senior executives from key suppliers and engages them in strategic supplier management for value creation and innovation.
- Works with operations and functions to identify, assess, qualify and develop new suppliers needed for competition and value delivery.
- This position will report direct to Global Director of Indirect Procurement.
- BA/BS Degree with preferred focus on supply chain, business or finance
- Professional Certifications preferred
- 10+ Years Sourcing experience in large, global multi-business organization
- Proficient in 7 step Sourcing Methodology, Indirect Procurement agreements, negotiations and contract interpretation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, SAP and Business Intelligence Systems
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!