SUMMARY: This position is the primary lead on corporate, category, and business strategies involving base and promotional pricing. This position is directly responsible for the development, delivery and execution of corporate standards, policies and best practices around pricing that are aligned to Category and Brand Unit strategies. The role will work closely with Marketing and Sales teams to provide predictive analysis and recommendations to objectively guide and influence price strategy.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leads analysis around all aspects of pricing such as estimating volume impacts due to changes in price, promotions, competitive response etc.
- Leads the integration of internal and external data to drive better understanding on decisions at the business level such as financial and commodities
- Present results and findings in PowerPoint and other effective means of communication to directly influence business decisions
- Team player and cross-functional lead on departmental projects and initiatives
- Proactively develop processes, tools, and other means to continuously influence decisions
- Understands and applies price elasticities and promotional lift factors effectively
- Understands and applies modeling tactics
- Excellent at visual display of quantitative information to ultimately drive clarity and context to all stakeholders
- Natural inquisitiveness to exploring the data, mining the data, and looking for insights to drive business decisions
- Considered a thought leader and expert in pricing to the assigned brands and brand teams
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or master’s degree in quantitative field preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in marketing analytics, predictive analytics, customer/trade & sales analytics in the CPG industry preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent organizational and communication skills; Strong influencing and negotiating skills
SPECIAL SKILLS: Excellent planning and project management skills; Syndicated Data experience – IRI, AC Nielsen, etc.; Strong Excel and data manipulation skills; Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Modeling and other predictive analytic skills a huge plus
Reocation assistance available.