As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Your Role: Strategic Partnerships National Account Director, US Pet Health
As a National Account Director, you’re responsible for key partnerships within the US Pet Health Strategic Partnerships team with an emphasis on executing the strategic business plan.
- Execution of account business plan with account
- Responsible for building demand-generating initiatives with account contacts
- Management of resources (discounts, rebates, marketing funds, etc.) for partners.
- Manage alignment across multiple departments for programs
- Lead the execution of partner contracts
- Lead product launches within partners
- Analyze business results and CRM information to assist in product portfolio expansion opportunities within partnerships
- Responsible for the implementation of Strategic Account Management (SAM)
- Identify and execution beyond product value strategy
- Developing/Managing account plans for key accounts
- Conducting Quarterly Business reviews and updates with the accounts executive team
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Experience: A minimum of 7 years experience in companion animal veterinary pharmaceutical sales.
- In-depth knowledge of the companion animal veterinary market and products
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Advanced degree in business or work experience in Sales Management
- Companion animal strategic account management experience of 3-5 years
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to convey messages and motivate various audiences
- Experience negotiating deal terms
- Location: Global Elanco Headquarters – Greenfield, IN – Hybrid Work Environment – Relocation available
- Travel: > 60%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status