Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. We are currently seeking a Strategic Farm Business Partner – Commercial Seeds, in the Indiana territory. As a Strategic Farm Business Partner, you will drive the effective design and implementation of Syngenta’s top grower engagement strategy.
You will enhance the prosperity of farmers by:
- Serving as the primary relationship manager and trusted advisor to the top grower customer segment
- Developing relationships with both existing and new growers, delivering an unrivalled customer experience, and establishing yourself as a thought leader in the top grower community
- Managing the sales process for these top growers and partner with these accounts to maximize Syngenta’s benefit to their operations and profitability
Commercial Seeds Business Accountabilities
- Pro-actively builds trust-based relationships with top growers
- Develops commercial strategy for responsible geography, taking into account, individual grower strategies and competitive environment.
- Leads top grower relationship development and serves as the single point of contact for Syngenta
- Pro-actively visits growers to understand the state of operations and their specific needs
- Provides early farm insights through analytics to help grower
- Develops engagement plan with various partners and stakeholders (e.g., Syngenta Crop Protection, external retail channels, local dealers)
- Possessing and continuously developing deep knowledge of the grower’s business strategy and requirements
- Maintains confidentiality at the highest levels.
- Manages pilot and digital trials with potential customers
- Ensures an outstanding top grower customer experience
- Connects the grower to the best of Syngenta to solve relevant pain points and day-to-day challenges
- Develops individualized touchpoint plans to ensure a personalized experience for each grower
- Manages complex negotiations with top grower customers, with a focus on strengthening the relationship and “win-win” outcomes.
- Provides feedback to the organization on product performance, program effectiveness, and competitive activity allowing Syngenta to create a better grower experience.
- Facilitates a seamless end-to-end purchase experience.
- Effectively leverages Salesforce.com to track and monitor large grower relationships and derive key insights.
- Lead the coordination of the support team to deliver on business needs analysis
- Coordinate customer activities to provide support & strengthen relationship
- Influences the broader top grower segment by establishing self as a thought leader in the space
- Advises growers on their farm operations by helping them to identify best products, services, and solutions which maximize their yield and profitability
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of grower’s operation that allows you to identify value unforeseen to the grower
- Creates and maintains a strong network of farmers, academics, digital start-ups, agronomists, and more to align to the farm
- Facilitates connections between other top growers to drive peer-to-peer collaboration
- Develops content for business and industry communications highlighting various initiatives, learnings, and improvement opportunities
- Geographic Scope: Indiana, Western Ohio, Southern Michigan
- Preferred Cities: Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Indiana
- Columbus, Ohio
- Lansing, Michigan
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Business, Agronomy, or Agricultural Science.
- Minimum 7 years in Production Agriculture (Seed sales, Agronomy, Grain Origination, Crop Protection, Digital Ag)
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Demonstrated history of selling, servicing and negotiating with 5,000+ acre growers
- Demonstrated knowledge of grower Profit & Loss, and day-to-day farm operations
- Demonstrated book of business, and history of selling
- Demonstrated expertise in agronomy with deep knowledge of both seed products and digital tools
- Experience managing medium to large scale business operations
- Contacts at major accounts of 7,500+ acres and be able to effectively manage the sales process for Million-dollar accounts
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year