At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of sustainable agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Product Development team is a part of the Farming Solutions & Digital group that designs and builds customer-facing digital solutions that maximize value for farmers and advisors. Our work helps fuel and expose Corteva’s scientific innovation.
The Staff Engineer will be an integral part of Corteva’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform agriculture! Ample opportunities to lead through change, have an opportunity to influence, and work with top-notch teammates along the way.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Collaborate daily with Product Managers, Designers, QA Engineers, and Program Managers to ensure that the right software is built and that it is built right
- Grow your ability to design, architect, and build maintainable web-based user experiences and the services which support them.
- Further develop your technical depth with AWS, Python, and the modern tool chain for microservice development.
- Demonstrate a desire to improve all aspects of the product development team – both technical and processes – and deliver outstanding results for our customers
- Inspire your colleagues to achieve at a high level, push teams to deliver great results, and hold an optimistic attitude in all that you do
- Show a passion for learning and developing skills, trying new technologies, and embracing the continuous growth mindset
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- A deep understanding of AWS services and an ability to choose the proper tool for a given solution
- Demonstrated excellence in building efficient, scalable service architectures in a multi-team environment.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, automation, monitoring, and the DevOps mindset
- Proficiency with Git, CICD (GitLab CI); is comfortable working with Docker and working at a terminal; and continually looks for ways to improve our development experience
- A strong testing orientation and ability to work well with Quality engineers
- An ability to review software designs and code to ensure security, reliability, quality, and adherence to product vision
- Brings critical thinking and new ideas to the team on a regular basis
- An ability to influence others through the strength of written and verbal communications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- 7+ years of software engineering and technical leadership experience
- Proven leadership capabilities – this position will require driving for decisions and at times navigating difficult group dynamics.
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with sophisticated applications and vast domain areas.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, targeting audiences of all levels in the organization.
- Strong drive for mentorship, coaching and a passion for improvement.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond.
We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It’s nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers’ Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.