Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
This position will provide professional veterinary technical support to departmental veterinarians and hands on care to animals on R&D studies and QC tests. Aid all departmental staff in compliance to USDA Animal welfare act and operation in accordance with standards accepted by AAALAC.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Organized, excellent communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be proficient/have basic computer skills.
- Business and Technical Competence, Persistence/Energy, Planning and Organizing, Quality Orientation, Teamwork.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Provide primary veterinary technical and nursing care to departmental animals. Observation of animals to assure good health and early identification of disease. Administration of pharmaceuticals and biologicals by a variety of routes.
- Own and continue to implement the animal environmental enrichment and socialization program. All animals are provided species-appropriate forms of environmental enrichment as recognized by industry standards unless specifically restricted by protocol. All animals receive socialization while onsite as directed by management under veterinarian guidance.
- Assist with pre, intra and post animal study procedures and care as directed by a veterinarian. Support clinical staff with study specific sample collections, product administration and any other support needed.
- Coordinate receipt and shipment of diagnostic samples and test articles.
- Diagnostic samples will be received and process as directed by study needs. Samples collected for submission to diagnostic laboratories will be packaged and shipped according to DOT, IATA or other applicable regulations.
- Maintain the pharmacy and veterinary supplies inventories, including ordering. Perform diagnostic testing and in house sample preparation as necessary. Serve as point of contact for researchers to request veterinary supplies and drugs.
- Maintain the routine health maintenance program schedule for long term veterinary services animal colonies including vaccinations, deworming, dental procedures, etc. as determined by good husbandry practices under the direction of site veterinarians and in consultation with management.
- Assist department personnel in maintaining accurate and up to date medical records.
- Serve as a trainer for hands on animal use methodologies.
- Accurately maintain controlled substance records in conjunction with DEA form 41 and monitor access.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Science or related field required.
- Licensed Vet Technician preferred.
- Experience in a Vet Technician position with various species is preferred.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status