- Perform analyses using a variety of modalities including but not limited to capillary electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC (hydrophobic interaction, analytical size exclusion, reverse phase, affinity), dynamic light scattering, differential scanning calorimetry, differential scanning fluorimetry, solubility determination, microflow imaging, viscosity measurement and melting curve analyses.
- Screen buffer compositions for compatibility with protein solubility and formulation needs.
- Conduct routine analysis of large molecule candidates using existing SOPs and regulatory guidelines as well as performing equipment troubleshooting when needed
- Document entries in lab notebook and contribute to technical reports
- Keep abreast of scientific literature in the field and implement novel developability screening protocols and instrumentation.
- Provide expertise in evaluation of new platform technologies.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Minimum BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline (Chemistry, biology, analytical chemistry, or biochemistry)
- At least 2 years of experience working on R&D projects in the human or animal health industries
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Proven project leadership skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Highly focused and detail oriented,
- High personal ethical and quality standards.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge and experience in using ELNs.
- Knowledge and experience in high throughput sample design and analysis
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical R&D laboratory
- Experience in writing analytical protocols and development reports
- Experience with downstream processing and/or formulations of vaccines and/or therapeutic proteins is a plus
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status