Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The purpose of the Elanco NE Dairy Sales representative role is to create demand and secure sales by professionally promoting, differentiating, delivering, and demonstrating the value of Elanco products and services to customers, consultants, and the people who influence their product use decisions.
Sales representatives are held accountable for delivering sales results, managing territory business plan, aligning Elanco activities with account needs, and implementing agreed upon strategies and initiatives.
This position would be responsible for designing a strategic plan centered on the customer needs and coordinating an execution team to accomplish the mutual goals between our company and the customer. The Sr. Sales Rep. will report to the Dairy East District Manager and will have accounts in the North Eastern United States in addition to other potential geographies.
- To grow and protect the Elanco dairy portfolio to include vaccines, anti-infectives, and medicated feed additive (MFA) business
- To develop business partnerships with identified key customers, prospects, and consultants accounts in a strategic manner.
- Develop and drive business with targeted accounts (primarily key influencers/consultants and companies to drive sales) in the states of New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, & Maine.
- Focus on the most influential consultant groups, independents, feed companies, veterinarians, and select large dairies in the territory.
- To maintain and leverage a written territory strategy while leveraging consultative selling and using strategic thinking.
- Manage and influence complex customer/account decision-making process with the ability to deal well with ambiguity.
- In depth understanding of the customer as demonstrated and communicated through a comprehensive strategic business plan.
- Identify and assess customer needs. Uncover customer’s solvable problems and opportunities. Incorporate the Elanco product portfolio (products and services) as a part of the solution
- Work with customers on a collaborative vision, internal and external team coordination and design of customized solutions.
- Facilitate the transfer key messages and scientific information about Elanco products to customers.
- Accountable for delivering sales results and implementing agreed to strategies and plans.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in cattle or swine pharmaceutical or feed sales or equivalent selling experience in a competitive selling environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with high initiative and sound work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Sales experience in dairy industry, feed/nutritional, animal health, key accounts or strategic account skills preferred
- Experience or training in strategic accounts, key account management, strategic account management (SAM) process encouraged
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Ability to influence across multiple disciplines: ie: veterinary, nutritional, processing, feed milling, sales and marketing, and senior management, or comparable demonstrated skill.
- Ability to relocate if necessary
- Sales and influence experience
- Passion for selling and animal agriculture
- Position is field based, work is in the field interacting with customers.
- Travel will be required. Overnight travel will depend on location; expect 30-50% overnight travel.
- 30-50% of overnight travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status