Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
The Global Senior Marketing Manager of Plant-Based Proteins is a member of the Protein Ingredients start-up business in Bunge. Drawing on extensive B2B marketing experience they will develop and implement (1) marketing strategies, (2) lead generation campaigns, (3) and branding, media, and customer engagement initiatives. Their main responsibilities are to create insight-based business cases that outline high-value growth opportunities; establish and manage a pipeline of high-quality leads; and build communication programs and digital tools to facilitate customer conversion. They will execute most marketing activities independently, and will manage 3rd party agencies for key projects. They will also work closely with sales, product management, and R&D. This role will enable Bunge to be a top-of-mind choice for plant protein ingredients and will drive new customer growth.
- Develop and implement strategies / business cases that outline (1) financial goals, (2) prioritized high-value growth targets for our plant-based protein portfolio, and (3) our advantages by integrating insights on customer needs, category trends, channel dynamics, and competitor activities.
- Guide the business on macro growth opportunities and risks through data-driven insights leveraging key databases (e.g. Nielsen, Euromonitor, Mintel), customer interviews, and competitive intelligence.
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of high-quality leads through the development of a lead generation and management system that leverages Salesforce, Pardot, and market data sources to maximize the number of meaningful leads with higher likelihoods for customer conversion.
- Create compelling marketing content and digital tools to generate leads, including white papers, webinars, explainer videos, podcasts, and more.
- Develop and execute media plans that strategically place marketing content to maximize high-quality leads and position Bunge as the plant-based protein ingredient thought leader and solution provider
- Construct and maintain a world-class website that integrates with key social media platforms
- Establish a full collection of customer engagement materials and tools including product information documents, portfolio brochures, capability decks, customer decks, and more. The majority of focus will be on digital assets.
- Play a leading role in producing a world class brand architecture that clearly articulates our portfolio’s value proposition and differentiates us from the competition in the eyes of customers and the media
- Build compelling / unique brand value propositions at the corporate, brand family, customer category, and product levels
- Build / utilize relations with top influential media editors and publishers to maximize brand awareness
- Oversee the management of our marketing and PR agencies
- Train our sales teams on features, benefits, and value propositions of brands and products
• Create and manage a world-class global website for our protein ingredients business that is integrated with Salesforce, Pardot, and key social media platforms.
• Build a powerful set of customer engagement tools—i.e. customer decks, digital portfolio brochures, digital product information materials, videos, podcasts, and more—to drive customer conversion.
• Play a leading role in developing a branded architecture for our portfolio that aligns ingredients, customer categories, and benefit platforms into clear value propositions by corporate brand, brand families, and individual brands.
• Develop and execute business cases that outline and rationalize key customer targets by food and beverage category informing on what existing products we can sell now and what new products need to be developed to meet customer needs.
• Build a robust lead generation and management system that leverages Salesforce / Pardot to maximize the number of leads and drive customer conversion.
• Create compelling marketing content to attract leads including press releases, white papers, webinars, explainer videos, podcasts, and more.
• Create and implement a media plan that positions us as the thought leader in our key categories/channels and that maximizes lead generation.
• Managing an annual and monthly budget
- MBA or Masters in marketing, communications, or journalism is required. A technical education is also preferred, especially in food science, food engineering, chemistry, or biology.
- 10+ years B2B marketing experience managing major brands in large and complex food businesses
- Excellent experience in the following:
- learning customer needs and creating appealing value propositions that highlight our unique competitive capabilities in alignment with pricing and margins
- driving top-of-mind awareness of ingredients and solutions with customers
- building powerful written content, i.e. press releases, white papers, ad copy, webinar copy, video copy, and podcast copy
- leading the development of digital content, i.e. websites, videos, podcasts, and social platforms
- building and leveraging relationships with top influential trade media editors and publishers
- producing compelling selling tools, i.e. customer decks, digital portfolio brochures, digital sell sheets, videos, podcasts, and more
- translating technical product and production details into engaging marketing content
- working cross-functionally with R&D applications and innovation, product management, sales
- managing outside marketing, advertising, and PR agencies
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled