The Senior Manager Consumer Insights will lead the innovation or base consumer learning agendas. They will work collaboratively with Brand Marketing to develop brand and/or innovation strategy that is grounded in consumer understanding. This individual will report into the Director Consumer Insights.
Other responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate holistic thinking, strategic agility, and leadership with all levels of the organization.
- Lead the consumer learning agenda to address business objectives.
- Collect analyze and synthesize consumer learning to tell a cohesive and actionable story.
- Execute primary research and source syndicated scanner and panel data when relevant.
- Provide Consumer Insight leadership with cross-functional teams providing strategic partnership with Innovation, Marketing, R&D, Sales, on-site suppliers, agencies, and consultants.
- Manage external suppliers to execute research projects efficiently.
- Effectively manage consumer insights budget to proactively address both immediate and forward-looking strategic needs.
- Communicate consumer insights in a clear and concise manner both through written and verbal communication.
- Develop and enhance Consumer Insights standards and procedures for use company-wide.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Psychology, Marketing Research, or related field required; Masters Degree preferred.
Experience: 8 plus years of relevant experience preferably on manufacturer-side and with a branded consumer-packaged-goods company or combination of supplier-side and manufacturer-side experience. Innovation and Food industry experience a plus.
Computer Skills: Advanced PC skills using Microsoft Office products
Special Skills: Demonstrated success in leveraging consumer insights to drive business results. Must be able to develop objective point-of-view be seen as strategic thought leader on team and build constructive rapport with internal clients and outside research suppliers. Excellent planning and project management skills. Strong knowledge of marketing and market research fundamentals including experimental design and statistics. A highly motivated leader eager to learn with the ability to devise an effective solution in unstructured situations.
Proficient in the following:
- Consumer and need state segmentation profiling and immersion
- Meal Occasion landscaping and A&U category assessments: category choice, drivers, barriers
- Concept Product development and validation
- Packaging and Name development Test and learn approaches
- Cultural Lifestyle trends eating trends and food industry reports