Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Senior spend management operations lead oversees all aspects of the department’s external spending, developing and managing the strategy for outside counsel and optimizing procedures for law firm engagements. The role reports to the Director, Legal Operations.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, analyze outside counsel billing practices against in-house Elanco guidelines, and maintain an updated outside counsel billing guidelines document and related tools
- Identify, collect, and report on key performance indicators and metrics on a global basis that are meaningful and relevant in ascertaining the legal team’s budget management performance
- Support Director of Legal Operations in facilitating the annual budget process, by providing reporting, liaising with department leaders and finance, and data analytics
- Work as a primary interface between the legal department and finance for budgetary issues
- Develop outside counsel strategy and set goals for alternative fee arrangements
- Negotiate and manage key department-wide law firm relationships
- Develop and maintain outside counsel guidelines
- Arrange outside counsel educational meetings for Legal team members
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 8 years’ operations experience, preferably in a legal department
- Familiarity with best practices of legal spend management, law firm spending practices and the latest developments in legal technology related to law department financial management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across a multi-functional, global team
- Strong negotiator and creative problem-solver
- Self-starter requiring minimal oversight or direct management
- Demonstrated project/process management experience
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to build relationships both within a team and across external departments
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions; excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Attention to detail with excellent time management and multitasking/prioritization abilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities
- This role may be worked from the U.S. or another Country where Elanco has presence.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status