The Elanco R&D Controller is responsible for leading and steering the Planning, Reporting, and Analysis activates related to the Elanco R&D organization. Additional responsibilities would include working with the organization on one-off business cases shaping the operations of the organization.
- Monthly tracking, reporting and steering of global financial results.
- Analyze, report and steer actual functional costs and projects in line with strategic objectives and give feedback to functional and cross functional business partners.
- Managing Financial / Accounting policy and control issues.
- Leading the Business Plan process by partnering across the functional areas of R&D to deliver an optimized plan output.
- Provide leadership and actively cooperate and align with Drug Discovery and Development
- Give decision support for R&D projects incl. project-relevant communication with internal key stakeholders, support in the development of existing and alternatives KPI with respect to financial and strategic aspects.
- Support and analyses by being and proactive partner for the R&D Function in Strategic Planning.
- Providing analysis and advice regarding frequent one-off business case requests driving optimization of the area operations.
- Establish reliable and value adding controlling activities, maintain, and improve process related to Financial reporting geographically, functionally, and at a project level.
- Bachelors’ degree in business administration, finance, or economics
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; other languages are a plus
- Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to lead and influence others
- Analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills
- R&D interest (Animal Health or Pharma)
- Process improvement experience
- 5+ Years Financial Controllership
- Strong leadership/people skills and ability in working with diverse stakeholders and in a multinational community
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals to achieve a common goal as well as proven trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn and intellectual curiosity
This position location is flexible
Travel Percentage: 0-10%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status