Elanco has an exciting opportunity to join our growing innovative and collaborative tax team as we execute our vision to become a high performing tech-forward tax department, taking command over our data and enabling increased analytics through use of data wrangling, automation and visualization tools. Our commitment to this vision is demonstrated by our commitment of resources, including a newly created Tax Technology Manager position, training plans and technology license budgets to meet our needs and collaboration with an external service firm to develop a tax technology platform and process roadmap aligned to Elanco’s unique needs as a highly acquisitive and growing global #2 company in animal health.
The Sr. Analyst reports to the Director – Domestic Income Tax and plays an integral role in the global tax department, primarily responsible for timely preparation of all domestic income tax returns, extensions and estimated tax payments, including collaboration on the US International, transfer pricing and other key inputs completed by other tax subgroups or 3rd party service providers, assisting with the annual income tax provision process and assisting with other federal and state projects, as assigned. The role requires a basic understanding of federal and state income tax concepts and a growing knowledge of US international income tax relevant for a complex multinational public company.
The Ideal Candidate is driven by the mission of the Company… is a self-starter, highly inquisitive and a keen problem solver always looking for ways to improve the process. You embrace technology and automation as the path to the tax department of the future. Most importantly, you are comfortable without a playbook and thrive when you get to help develop the processes and leave your mark. You enjoy flexible working arrangements, but also appreciate and understand the value of in-office collaboration and relationship building and that our company and team culture is what we make it.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Federal, State and local income and franchise tax returns, estimates and extensions
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete working papers, supporting all Federal and State tax positions
- Assist with project management for the consolidated tax filings, ensuring all workstreams are aligned, collaborative and working together
- Assist with the annual income tax provision
- Prepare reconciliation of adjustments from booked provision to filed tax returns
- Evaluate state income tax nexus and determine appropriate tax return filing positions
- Stay current with federal and state legislative developments
- Communicate with taxing authorities on notices and tax accounts
- Conduct research of applicable tax laws
- Support various tax projects
- Support integration of acquisitions
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of processes, enhancing quality and efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax or Finance
- 3+ years’ experience in Big 4 Public Accounting or multinational corporation
- Comprehensive understanding of US federal and state tax concepts
- CPA and/or MST
- Experience with large complex consolidated tax returns
- Experience with SAP, CorpTax and BNA/Bloomberg research tools
- Working knowledge of data analytics software (e.g. Alteryx, Power BI, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills
- Minimal travel
- Overtime will be required at peak times
- Worker Type: Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status