As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Sr. Advisor – HR Business Partner (HRBP) directly supports the Executive VP of Elanco R&D, Regulatory and Business Development and is accountable for ensuring the business or global function they support has the organizational capabilities, leadership and talent that are needed and to ensure that those people are engaged, motivated, and appropriately rewarded to achieve both long and short term business objectives. This role will report directly to the Executive VP of Elanco Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Administration and is a member of the global HR lead team.
This role predominantly provides strategic and operational consultation and is expected to influence the senior leadership of the Business Development Function on organization and people-related issues that are critical to achieving business priorities and objectives for which the business leaders are ultimately accountable.
As the Sr. Advisor HRBP, you will participates actively in the strategic and operational management of the function or sub-functions of the business unit. This role is expected to provide proactive leadership for overall human capital performance, organization diagnosis, design and change management, talent management, leadership development, and the total reward strategy for the unit.
In addition, this role will work with subject matter experts in HR including compensation & benefits, recruiting and staffing, leadership development and talent management to ensure policies, programs, and plans best serve the needs of the business they support.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least seven years’ professional work experience post undergraduate studies.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives/Deliverables:
Business and Human Capital Performance:
- Achieve expected business results (financial, customer, product, pipeline, quality, etc.)
- Achieve expected levels of workforce productivity
- Achieve appropriate levels of talent retention
- Achieve high levels of employee engagement
- Maximize the return on investments in human capital (reward and development investments in particular)
Organization Diagnosis, Intervention Design, and Change Management:
- Participate as a member of the BU/Function leadership team long-range and business
- Ensure that the leadership team has identified critical organization capabilities needed to execute the business strategy
- Ensure the BU or Function has a change agenda/change plan that identifies the high-impact organization and people-related changes needed to achieve long-range and business plan objectives including critical organizational capabilities and the planning, developing, and implementing of those changes.
Talent Management/Leadership Development:
- Lead the development of a strategic workforce plan to ensure that the BU/Function will have the talent it needs (quantity and quality) to achieve its strategic objectives within headcount and other relevant targets.
- Provide performance coaching to the senior leadership of the BU/Function including his/her personal effectiveness in all aspects of their job responsibilities, including the management of others’ performance.
- Develop plans and strategies to proactively manage the retention and development of key talent including current and future leadership talent.
- Document and manage the succession pipeline for key positions.
- Provide coaching on the performance and development of current and potential leadership talent as well as to the senior leadership team on their performance as a leadership team.
Total Reward Strategy:
- Lead the development of the BU/Function rewards strategy and plans in consultation with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Provide performance coaching to the senior leadership team to ensure
differentiation of performance and appropriate distribution of rewards according to performance.
- Interface between the business and the HR COEs, HR Operations, and outside HR, Organization, Team, and Change Consultants –
- Advise other senior business leaders in the identification and selection of the appropriate internal or external resources to assist with a given change or intervention.
- Communicate business requirements to the HR COEs to ensure that programs, plans and policies appropriately address critical, strategic business requirements as well as enabling the successful deployment of HR processes and programs in the BU/Function.
- Ensure that interventions and programs deployed within the BU/Function appropriately consider the input and advice of subject matter experts from the HR COEs, HR Operations, and other organizations.
- Measure and evaluate the results actually realized from changes in processes, programs, and interventions in their unit.
- Translate Strategy to Action: Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop simple, straightforward, effective, and transparent plans that can be fully executed on a timely basis.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated both a bias for action and focus on results. Demonstrated ability to appropriately diagnose complex business problems, select or create appropriate interventions and effectively implement those interventions. Demonstrated ability and propensity to use data, measurement,
and analytics to diagnose problems and to evaluate the actual effect of changes implemented.
- Business Acumen: Understands what is critical and unique to performance in the business unit and the implications for the organization and people. Ability to recognize the interdependencies of this unit and others, how line and support functions connect, and to apply knowledge of integration to the HR solutions deployed.
- Courage: Demonstrated ability to provoke or motivate the business partner as well as other HR professionals to think and act beyond what is normally expected. Act with no fear of speaking up against the status quo.
- Systems Thinking: Demonstrated ability to recognize the interdependencies between strategy, organization, talent, and performance and to effectively drive appropriate action. Ability to recognize that concerns/issues are related to a broader system of actions and reactions.
- Learning Agility: Ability to adapt quickly to complex circumstances and
situations, learn while doing, and navigate through an ambiguous situation or issue quickly.
- Influence: Ability to influence and steer people at all levels, without authority, and convince partners at varying levels to accept/appreciate/need HR insights. In particular, the demonstrated ability to influence senior executives. Can perceive areas of receptivity and resistance and effectively leverage those to drive change. Excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience in HR, R&D, Regulatory or Business Development
- Experience in the application of a variety of organizational, team, and individual improvement interventions.
- Experience in reward systems design
- Internal or external consulting experience
- Experience supporting global functions
- Six-Sigma Experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA) with emphasis in organization development, human resources, leadership development (or related discipline) or equivalent experience a plus.
- Ability to travel in the US and occasionally globally
- Prefer to work onsite, but will also consider Teleworker
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status