Within the Sales Group for Companion Animals for Elanco Animal Health, the purpose of the Therapeutic Specialist will be to achieve a sales budget with the Elanco products within an assigned geography. The field representatives will play an important role in the overall creating and shaping the Specialty Business Unit. Field territories will consist of select GP and Specialty clinics.
- High level knowledge of Elanco and competitive therapeutics including but not limited to: safety profile, efficacy, mode of action and all content on the prescribing information insert, all relevant pilot, pivotal and published studies. In summary, be the subject matter expert of Elanco Therapeutics in your assigned area.
- Demonstrate verbal fluency of relevant disease states, therapeutic options and veterinary practice expertise for Elanco therapeutics and all competitive products.
- Conduct educational programs for veterinarians, distribution, co-promote partners and colleagues as required. (customer/distributor educational sessions, lunch and learns, trade shows, conferences and dinner meetings.)
- Provide leadership and work collaboratively with co-promotion partners, distributors and Elanco colleagues
- Corporate account role vs specialty role: how to work with Corp account team, and executing strategies
- Work closely with Elanco RVC’s, RBC’s and GP sales team to enhance value and adoption of Elanco portfolios
- Launch new products in assigned geography.
- Responsible for completing a territory business plan with key essential wins identified as part of the plan. Executing the plan as the year progresses will be expected.
- Specialty medical experience a plus (internal medicine, pain, oncology, surgery, dermatology)
- Territory representative will complete all set objectives, achieve sales goals while operating within an assigned expense budget.
- Execute at a high level on corporate strategies and tactics and keep all CRM data (Veeva) updated daily.
- Execution of Strategic account objectives and tactics for designated Specialty focused corporately owned accounts
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ experience in companion animal veterinary pharmaceutical sales or equivalent selling experience in a competitive selling environment.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Strong technical sales experience
- Ability to articulate and disseminate complicated material
- Working knowledge of Specialty practice
- Comfortable working in a surgical environment
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to convey messages and motivate various audiences.
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strategic thinking
- Strong Planning and Execution Skills
- In-depth knowledge of companion animal veterinary products.
- In-depth knowledge of the Specialty and Therapeutic markets and products available within
- Advanced degree in business
- 25 to 50% of travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status