Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Within the Elanco US Pet Health Business Unit, the Specialty Consulting Veterinarian (SCV) for Companion Animals serves as a field based companion animal veterinary technical anchor and provides support to the commercial affiliate for all pre-launch, launch, and post-launch activities as deemed appropriate for the department. The SCV serves its assigned Sales Region as their technical support specialist. The SCV educates and trains veterinarians and staff at specialty hospitals, universities and general practices on Elanco’s therapeutic product portfolio. SCV’s will operate from their home office; extensive domestic travel (approximately 70%) is required. Candidate should reside within their assigned geography and have reasonable accessibility to a major airport.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Travel will be required on a regular basis for one-on-one customer interactions to support the Specialty Business Unit, for technical presentations to the customer base and/or for technical support veterinary meetings (including national, regional, state or local level meetings).
- Occasional support may be provided to other areas or specialized teams in the CAH organization such as Corporate, Strategic, and National Accounts.
- Travel commitment will average 70% but may be higher at times due to new product introductions or other special activities.
- Technical support of current products as well as in support of the rollout of new products.
- Assist with product technical training, as deemed appropriate by the CAH Training Manager.
- Responsible for the execution of the Academic Liaison Program within assigned Veterinary Colleges/Schools.
- Suggest market support studies and provide input on study design and monitoring when indicated.
- Maintain strong knowledge of key therapeutic areas, practice protocols and study design.
- Stay current with relevant medical technologies and monitor the scientific literature for relevant information.
- Phone technical support will entail a minor component of the position and case work relative to the customer support aspects of adverse events will be limited.
- Graduate of an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) accredited veterinary program with the corresponding veterinary degree. Licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the United States.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a practicing veterinarian in companion animal or mixed animal practice (companion animal focus) although consideration may also be given for experience in comparable industry roles. The practice experience may be in private, corporate, and/or academic environments.
- Board certification (or board eligible status) strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of companion animal specialty market, products, and related medical conditions with sound clinical and diagnostic skills.
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Additional industry experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements associated with the reporting and follow-up on adverse event reports.
- Keen planning skills and the ability to execute.
- Capacity to work in a field environment with minimal supervision and the ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to work and coordinate activity effectively with others.
- Strong background of training and education in key areas of Elanco product categories.
California and Pacific Northwest
Preference given to a candidate that resides in California with easy access to a major airport.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status