Solution Architect – Business Operations
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future. As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our team-oriented environment.
Corteva Agriscience is looking for an innovative and energetic Solution Architect for our Business Operations product family.
The Solution Architect (SA) acts as an owner of architecture design, technical strategy, and operational standards for products or product components in a product family. The SA directly works with a product team(s) to design and implement solutions to meet business needs in a secure, scalable, and reliable manner.
Primary Skills and Behaviors
- Business IQ: knowledge and understanding of the product family business processes and IT implications; growing knowledge of the overall Corteva business capabilities, outcomes for their products, and how they fit into a larger portfolio of solutions.
- Technical IQ: cloud computing expertise with specialization in Microsoft Azure technology stack; knowledge of solution architecture practices and patterns such as application, data, integration, etc.; DevOps knowledge in practice; knowledge of the technologies and services for their products.
- Domain IQ: deep knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC); knowledge of security and compliance principles; growing knowledge of Enterprise Architecture principles, processes, and frameworks.
- Strategic partnering: building credibility within teams and IT Product Owner (ITPO) by leading, directing, and partnering on business and technology solutions.
- Communications: excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Primary Responsibilities – How will you help us Grow!
- Designs structure of components and their inter-relationships with performance, cost, scalability, and reliability in mind.
- Escalates to Product Family Architects (PFAs) and Product Line Architects (PLAs) when architecture deviation is needed.
- Aids in ensuring consistency of architectural principles for individual solutions.
- Comfortable with DevOps concepts and can build their own pipelines and debug as needed.
- Participates in planning and execution of solution technical lifecycle and technical excellence with ITPO, PFAs, and PLAs.
- Ensures alignment of individual product roadmaps through ITPO and PFAs; includes alignment with technology roadmap and product line folios.
- Engages with the ITPO, PFAs/PLAs on new demand request reviews, technical solutions/evaluations and proof-of-concept needs for the product family.
- Engages with ITPO, PFAs and PLAs on solution evaluations (SaaS and non-SaaS) and purchase recommendations.
- Goes to Enterprise Architecture (EA), Security, and Privacy with PFA/PLA as needed to gain approval for new developed, purchased and SaaS solutions.
- Supports broader governance of EA, Engineering and Security standards by driving principles within individual solutions.
- Escalates issues and resolves organizational or technical problems as needed.
- Works with peers to develop and maintain policies, standards, guidelines (guiding principles), reference architectures/patterns, decision frameworks and metrics to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company.
Previous Skills and Education – What you’ll bring to the table!
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience is preferred in designing and deploying architecture, ideally for internal employee experience applications across a global user base.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills, with an ability to become familiar with Corteva-specific programs and software.
- Strong understanding and experience in Object-Oriented Principles, microservices, event-based distributed systems architecture, and cloud-based distributed systems.
- Experience with architecting web-based applications using .NET and C#.
- Experience translating processes and requirements into system and data models, including strong API design skills.
- Awareness of modern security standards and protocols for interacting with and controlling access to software solutions and data products.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Passionate about driving strategic vision, value creation, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.