Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that Elanco Global Services IT projects are delivered with quality, on time, and on budget. The Global Services IT Team supports company critical solutions that enable our business partners to deliver, support, and protect our most essential assets. This position will report to the Director – Global Services IT.
- Functional Expertise: will apply depth and breadth of expertise in HR operational business processes such as recruiting, onboarding, benefits, payroll, compensation, talent management, time & absence, and performance management to align desired outcomes with key functional business partners. Responsible to respond to technical requests from audit and regulatory authorities in partnership with Quality and Compliance.
- Technical Expertise: will apply depth and breadth of expertise in IT business processes as it relates to HR data management (movement, storage, security, etc) and overall HR business process enablement across platforms and systems.
- Decision Making: will make recommendations and provide input to key decisions that impact global standard HR project and operational processes as well as manage necessary exceptions for unique situations as related to various localized or geographic requirements.
- Influence: will shape and make good and best practice recommendations to meet regulatory compliance requirements with IT and business process solutions as well has shape complex solutions to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Problem Solving: will anticipate and resolve key business and technical issues, respond to escalations for complex troubleshooting, as well as facilitate root-cause analysis for corrective and preventive action plans for global solutions.
- Impact Analysis: will assess and negotiate prioritization of projects, changes, and requests to systems, data, business processes as well as drive continual service improvements, including automation and streamlining.
- Project Management: will drive large and complex enterprise, portfolio, and project solutions through delivery methodology, ensuring appropriate change control, testing, validation, and documentation compliance.
- Operations Management: will ensure appropriate support, maintenance, and enhancements to IT solutions, focused on optimizing end-user experiences, ensuring data security, quality, and availability.
- Relationship Management: will develop positive relationships with key internal business partners and external suppliers. May support internal audit or regulator requests for information.
- Day-to-Day: will set priorities and manage escalations from 3rd party development and support team(s). Will provide input and updates to regular change advisory meetings regarding work pending approvals. Will ensure compliance regarding production change control documentation. Will review technical design, testing, and other validation documentation for accuracy and completion. Plus, other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with HR functions, HR Integrations, HR Reports, SaaS solutions, 3rd party integrations, and data management.
- Experience with Workday HCM.
- Proven ability to appropriately handle sensitive personal information and company confidential information
- Previous CSV/CSQ experience implementing, validating, and maintaining SoX and PCI financial systems and associated documentation
- Strong learning and delivery agility.
- Technical ability to abstract and simplify complex workflows and systems integration and business continuity
- Broad knowledge across a variety of supplier platforms and integrations supporting key IT functions (TechOps, DataOps, SolutionOps, BRM)
- Desire and ability to work independently with minimal direction. Takes ownership of technical solutions to meet business needs with high degree of quality and velocity
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and comfort engaging and influencing IT Leaders and advisor.
- Ability to present technical solutions and concepts to non-technical audiences.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status