Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Solid/Liquid Separation Expert – Process Development Engineer located in Indianapolis, IN. Corteva AgroSciences is seeking a chemical engineer with expertise in solid/liquid separation technology to support research & development as well as manufacturing organizations. The successful candidate will be required to work in related competencies such as solids isolation from a slurry, polish filtration, media selection, and filtration technology recommendations. The scientist will be involved in many different facets of technology delivery including process conceptualization, numerical simulation, experimental validation, plant troubleshooting, optimization, and next generation process development. In addition, responsibilities will include holistic process development activities for new actives and novel solutions to improve the existing portfolio. Process Development connects process technologies to manufacturing opportunities and the business units that will implement them. Process development is the definition of chemical steps and engineering conditions to produce quality products reliably and cost effectively, essentially orchestrating a set of unit operations into a manufacturing process. The activities of the discipline may be focused on development of new process technology, creation of cost estimation models, improvements of existing manufacturing processes or quick scale up of samples for applications development.
The Process Development research group is seeking a chemical engineer to work in support of the development of new technology & unit operations. The processes developed must be safe, robust, reliable and low cost to meet the quality and purity requirements of the agricultural industry.
Data generated from the process research efforts and the production of developmental quantities is used to help set final manufacturing specifications. The group works closely with process chemistry, commercial implementation, and manufacturing to ensure that new products are supplied on time and within customer expectations. The desired candidate should be effective at problem-solving, organizing data, and documenting/communicating results.
Corteva is the leading Agricultural Products company that develops and manufactures leading agricultural products.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide expertise/technical support for both R&D and manufacturing programs in various solid/liquid separation areas including crystal isolations from slurries, polish filtrations, filtration strategies (i.e. centrifugation), and filtration technology recommendations (i.e. centrifuge, filter/dryer, candle filter, belt filter, etc.)
- Develop the theory, experimental, and computational knowledge associated with various solids isolation operations in order to accurately scale-up and scale-down these filtration unit operations.
- Direct and select appropriate laboratory experiments to address critical project requirements
- Co-Develop manufacturing processes and unit operations with process research chemists to meet business needs and timelines utilizing knowledge of separation, mixing, and reaction engineering fundamentals.
- Collaborate across several functions to communicate and document results in a timely fashion.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- PhD in chemical engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant process development & scale up experience.
- Basic knowledge in chemical engineering fundamentals (e.g. unit operations, separations, distillation theory, fluid mechanics & mixing or reaction engineering).
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.