At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and skills who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,500 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Here is what our company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 15 Vacation days, 15 Sick days, 11 Holidays
- Award winning 401(k) with outstanding employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term, Long-term, Life and other insurances
- Fitness incentive
- Tuition Assistance for employees and dependents
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides high level analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and documentation of business system software in a network environment, focusing on the development of client-server, Intranet/Internet and PC based application development; provides information and guidance to teammates (end users) of company developed software; performs fact finding and analysis for problem solving for business applications.
- Provides technical and systems design expertise to assist in the development, implementation, review and upgrade of Microsoft.Net-based management and decision making systems. Is proactive in providing suggestions in regards to product development, new services and technologies or enhancements to existing systems/configurations which will assist the end user in improving overall service to our customers.
- Develop test plans along with expected results and perform unit testing. Prepare implementation plans along with back-out and recovery plans. Install and test software. Provide on-going production support as needed.
- Provide estimates on project requests and timely delivery based on the estimates.
- Actively participates on assigned team projects fulfilling task assignments, meeting deadlines, and proactively seeking attainment of team goals.
- Keeps technical skills up to date to provide most efficient support to end users.
- Assists in the development of programming expertise within the systems development team.
- Promote Agile practices such as TDD, Continuous Integration, paired programming, scrum and cross-functional development within the team.
- Represents and communicates the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Key Competencies: integrity, motivational fit, problem solving, customer focus, teamwork, adaptability
Knowledge of: Computer software, hardware, languages, computer environment; detailed working knowledge of Microsoft.Net, C#, XML, MS SQL, SOAP, Web Services and current Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
Skills in: Analysis and definition of association needs, priorities or problems; evaluation of hardware and software with recommendations for solutions to problems or use within the association; communication, both oral and written; tact, diplomacy and skill in negotiating and mediation to arrive at solutions for projects.
Ability to: Work in a team environment and complete tasks on a timely basis in an unstructured environment; exercise leadership and judgment; analysis, evaluate and develop solutions to complex problems; make a positive personal impact on others; be innovative and creative and be logical and objective; train, instruct and provide guidance to others; interact positively with representatives of other associations, vendors and commercial entities.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to customers, staff, officers, board members, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to customers and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.