Do you love animals—dogs, cats, cows, or pigs? Do you love bringing your pet to work and coming into the office with a hybrid schedule? Do you want to work for an energetic company that is dedicated to helping solve tough challenges like canine parvovirus in puppies, feline diabetes and livestock sustainability? If so, Elanco is the place for you.
Elanco is the second largest, independent global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a nearly 70-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for approximately 9,800 employees. At Elanco, we’re driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life – all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
The Social Media Analyst – Media Monitoring, will have ownership of the Elanco Pulse Institute (EPI), Elanco’s digital and social listening and engagement capability. The goal of EPI is to identify important animal health conversations happening in digital and social media, provide a timely analysis of ongoing news and conversations and create opportunities for Elanco or other influencers to meaningfully engage in the dialogue. This is an exciting and fast-paced position, responsible forproviding a holistic view of external conversations and news that could impact Elanco’s business, customers or various business units, requiring someone who is able to work effectively and efficiently to manage both short- and long-term deadlines. This position is responsible for working in a collaborative process to support proactive and reactive monitoring topics spanning both farm and pet health sides of Elanco’s business. The ability to manage multiple data inputs at once is key, as topics germane to Elanco’s business encompass a variety of brands and topics including food security, sustainability, animal wellbeing, antibiotic stewardship,human animal bond, and disease states addressed by Elanco’s pet health products. This position is responsible for analyzing sentiment, tone, level of engagement and who’s driving the conversation. This role leads digital media reporting, including generating recommendations for Elanco’s potential engagement in online conversations to help make informed and strategic decisions. EPI also delivers a weekly e-newsletter highlighting important opportunities to help keep team members and customers—such as farmers and ranchers or veterinarians—in-the-know about important conversations happening within the industry and provide information that can help these audiences advocate. This role is also responsible for identifying relevant and opportunistic industry trends in social media – like #Foodtok or Chicken Sandwich Wars and creating presentations to help Elanco teams and industry customers stay attuned to trends.
This position is located within the Corporate Communications function, which focuses on promoting and protecting Elanco’s corporate reputation around the globe. It reports to the Sr. Director of External Communications.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing social listening strategies, analyzing conversation, developing reports and identifying triggers and trends in media conversation.
- Identifying and building influencer recommendations and connections that can help to shape social conversation topics.
- Identifying the latest opportunities and trends in digital & social to ensure we are building a best-in-class social listening capabilities.
- Having a clear understanding of all social platforms, audiences, usage, algorithms, audience targeting, paid placement, etc.
- Ensuring all local regulations, including data and privacy, are met.
- Managing priorities, deadlines and projects that may involve multiple contributors to achieve measurable results in an environment of involvement and teamwork.
- Ensuring proper management of internal and external resources linked to social/digital, including collaborating across agencies as needed.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with command expertise and experience in media monitoring and social listening tools, preferably Netbase, or others such as Talkwalker, Cision, Meltwater, Sprinklr or other social listening systems.
- Experience writing Boolean logic and query-based searches in order to ensure data accuracy and quality control when developing and maintaining key dashboards and reporting.
- Possess an analytical mindset and the ability to interpret data and trends to provide actionable insights across a variety of brands.
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented and confident in juggling multiple tasks in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
- Project management to set priorities, timelines and fully execute projects from strategy into action.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill and present complex information and analytics in a clear and concise manner.
- Developing and implementing integrated communications plans.
- Previous experience in pet, animal health or retail/ecommerce/consumer packaged goods communications or marketing with excellent skills including written, social, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, with appropriate frequency and detail to all levels of the organization and partners.
- Ability to collaborate and involve others in the brainstorming and decision-making process. Continuously seeks feedback for improvement and goal achievement.
- Ability to think strategically and broadly and translate strategy into action.
- Proven ability to network and influence members of company management at all levels. Must be comfortable and confident in interacting with, making recommendations to, and providing feedback to leaders across the company and in support of communications.
- Proven learning agility and ability to perform tasks independently with little hands-on management.
- Strong understanding of social media channels and demonstrated results
- Ability to manage issues and crisis and stay calm under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Business, Journalism, English, Public Relations or Marketing required.
- 5+ years’ experience in Communications
- 20% domestic and international travel
- Passport required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position