The SiteOps team serves the Elanco manufacturing and research and development sites in the North American region. This role is based at Clinton and Terre Haute providing information and control solutions primarily for those locations that sustain and improve all manufacturing and support areas. This includes planning, development, deployment, and support for our site’s information technology and needs.
The SiteOps IT Analyst must establish close relationships with key business customers to identify business needs and then deploy and support the appropriate information systems to meet those needs. Solutions might be globally developed/supported applications or locally deployed/supported applications including COTS packages, site-specific solutions, and custom developed applications. For global applications, the Analyst will provide local support including day-to-day break-fix support, serve as a communications conduit to the global team, provide local validation, and manage deployment and ongoing releases to the site. For local applications – complete life-cycle ownership will be expected including development or vendor management for contracted or COTS solutions, validation, break-fix, and release management. The Analyst must develop deep technical experience with assigned technologies and applications.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree (IT, Process Automation, Engineering) or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 3 years experience in Information Technology
- Compliance to all safety policies and regulations
- Knowledge of assigned business processes (lab, supply chain, quality, science, administration, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships — develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals across organizational and cultural boundaries and at multiple levels in the organization
- Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems
- Strong critical thinking skills — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong leadership, facilitation, teamwork, self-management, problem-solving, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging. Equally strong oral presentation as well.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Previous Technology Integrator/Business Analyst experience
- Experience with Elanco established ITIL management tool (ServiceNow)
- Computer System Validation experience
- Understanding qualification processes/ adherence to those processes
- Fluent with standard MS Office tools
- Strong understanding of manufacturing related computer systems and data.
- Ability to network with other sites and capture best practices.
Functions, Duties, Tasks: Business Analyst Focus
- In-depth knowledge of site business processes and how they interact with IT systems.
- Advise and influence business areas during requirements gathering to ensure decisions lead to a solution that represents business needs
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementations.
Technical Integrator Focus
- Critically evaluate user requests, and use technical and process knowledge to determine underlying true business needs.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language and implement solutions based on those requirements.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the development and integration of IT solutions that support systems and business processes.
- Network with other IT resources to stay aware of initiatives going on around the company, inform others of our own initiatives, share reusable solutions, and capture best practices.
Project Management Focus
- Author project deliverables including project charter, change proposal, and project plan
- Develop or update project plans including the determination of project activities and milestones.
- Manage execution of projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope
- Provide ongoing communication on projects, issues, and major deliverables to management and staff
- Develop and execute communication plans including monthly status reports, presentations and site communications
- Simultaneous management/oversight of multiple projects across job function.
System Engineer Focus
- Ability to deal with complex relational data and databases
- Familiarity with different operating systems and basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of computer infrastructure – networking, security, wireless, etc. especially as applied at Elanco.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to proceduralize /streamline complex IT functions
- Fundamental knowledge of computer systems
- 8-hour day shift, Minimum travel required M-F
- Some on call work may be needed to support our 24/7 operations
- Position may require exposure to production areas
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status