IT Analyst – Site Reliability Engineer
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience researchers and plant breeders use applications developed by Farming Solutions and the Digital department to make crucial research and advancement decisions. The production operations team covers monitoring and remediation of servers and core services for the applications that are actively being used. ProdOps Team provides SLA based incident response, triage, and communication.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Monitor production systems observability tools and manage incidents.
- Initial troubleshooting to find the root cause of production system issues, solve locally or collaborate with developer/scrum/project teams/infrastructure team/database admins to fix problems.
- Manage on-call rotation with remote team member.
- Own the triage workflow and adjust process as needed.
- Drive site reliability best practices.
Requirements – What you’ll bring to the table
- B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, or related field is preferred, equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 2-3 years of experience with B.S. 5 years of experience would be considered equivalent experience.
- Coding with an object-oriented language like Python or C#.
- Cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Scripting language such as PowerShell.
- Collaboration and soft skills.
- Curiosity and strong aptitude to learn on the job.
- Technology orientation.
- Troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Close attention to details
Nice to have experience, but not required
- Building and deploying docker containers.
- Eventing systems such as Apache Kafka.
- Use of APIs or REST interface.
- Use of monitoring tools such as DataDog, Cloud Watch, Zabbix, or Nagios.
- Implementing CI/CD pipeline.
- GitLab version control
- Opportunity to work on advanced observability tools, cloud platforms, Linux systems and process automation.
- Enhance ability to resolve issues in production environment.
- Prospect to interact with teams and individuals with different levels of background and experience.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.