Execution and Planning of US Category and Brand Planning:
- Annual Brand Planning to drive consumer awareness and generate demand, containing all elements of the marketing mix.
- Plan and Execute the roll out of consumer and B2B marketing campaigns
- Collating the elements and ideas resulting market research, field feedback and customer insights aimed at meeting the needs of the market and exploiting fully any opportunities presented.
- Drive product demand through insightful campaigns and marketing materials
- Develops pricing strategy in accordance with global guidelines where applicable
Coordination of the production and supply of all support material:
- Work closely with relevant advertising agencies, production agencies and media buyers to develop and deliver in market campaign and field support materials.
- Ensure compliance with industry and internal organizational regulatory requirements.
- Partner with Development and Regulatory Departments to ensure that Finished Goods meet all legal requirements in terms of packaging, text, and insert leaflets. Liaising and coordinating with Artwork departments in affiliate, Regional and Global hubs.
Expenditure, Production & Sales Forecasting:
- Mange local expenditure budgets for marketing activities (A&P) in the country affiliate. It is the responsibility of the Brand Manager to manage this budget, to ensure appropriate allocation of resources within the agreed budget and ultimate budget holders. Included is the management of relevant external agencies – advertising, creative, communication and PR
- Partner with Business Unit, Technical Operations, Regulatory and Customer Services to ensure sufficient stocks available to meet Sales Targets, at the same time meeting Inventory objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and customer needs
- Positive attitude and fit with Elanco cultural pillars
- Analyzes needs and requirements by interacting with customers, consumers, and sales teams, determining appropriate market research to determine customer needs and to identify the competitive pricing.
- Spends appropriate time (min. 20%) in the field to support Sales teams, meeting customers and consumers and gathering feedback on a first-hand basis.
- Market Information monitoring by maintaining an up to date Market Information System covering the market in which the brands/products compete, including market sector values, market shares and position, competitive positions and information, market research data
Develop and maintain business relationships with key opinion leaders and strategic accounts:
- Build positive relationships with relevant external bodies, key influencers and opinion leaders within the industry and profession, addressing meetings and attending conferences, including manning trade stands and general customer liaison at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or science
- 5+years marketing experience
- Demonstrated success in managing a brand
- DTC marketing experience
- Working knowledge of media
- Digital Strategy experience
Additional Skills and Preferences
- Positive attitude and fits well with Elanco Cultural Pillars
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with teams and various functional areas such as research, development, marketing services, finance, customer service, and business development.
- Strong understanding of customer requirements and be able to articulate these requirements into valuable, defensible product positions.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, commitment to excellence, and drive to achieve positive results.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent planning and leadership skills.
- A results driven team player able to work in and with a proactive team with a high degree of customer focus
- Excellent organizational and implementation skills
- Strong Communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Mastery of and compliance with project approval requirements, Lilly/Elanco policies and procedures
- Pet Health or consumer packaged goods marketing experience
Worker Type: Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time.
- Approx 20% Travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status