Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. You will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Applied Field Technologies Sensing team is part of Farming Solutions & Digital Research and Development. We conduct research in emerging technologies and methods to increase the efficiency of our digital, seed, and crop protection product development, as well as offer new crop management practices to our customers and novel agricultural markets. We also work to validate our community’s progress towards sustainability in agricultural and business practices.
We are looking for an interdisciplinary individual who has broad interests and knowledge of sensing technologies as they relate to biology, plant breeding, soil science, crop protection, envirotyping and agriculture. Individuals trained in engineering, physical science, or experience in sensor development for plant phenotyping, environmental characterization, and agricultural performance. Experience in assay method development, programming, project management, innovation learning management are sought. Startup experience is highly desirable
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Translate science and technology research to business results
- Influence science and technology business outcomes across technical discipline and business functions
- Build a network of internal and external technology experts and partners
- Continuously scout new and emerging sensing technologies
- Deploy technologies for broad application internally and externally through rigorous method development and testing
- Collaborate with teams across business functions internally and with partners in industry and academia
- Adapt technologies from adjacent disciplines and industries to the needs of agricultural research and production
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. (or equivalent combination of degree and experience) in engineering, physical sciences, agricultural engineering or biological science with an emphasis on plant phenotyping or environmental assessment.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of agriculture R&D and demonstrated method development experience, with minimum 3 years industrial and/or academic experience.
- Solid understanding and keeping abreast of state of the art in sensing technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of collaboration across disciplines.
- Agile mindset with a focus on delivering minimum viable products to address potentially fluid needs and strategies.
- A focus on personal development and learning new things, always searching for opportunities for the business and professional development with an ability to fail quickly and pivot to alternatives.
- Experience with making project leadership decisions and risk assessments
- Problem solving: Proactively communicate issues and risk to key stakeholders; ability to deal with fluid strategies, manage priorities, timelines, cost constraints and performance trade-offs; negotiation and conflict resolution ability.
- Professional communication and influencing: Ability to set-up and communicate organization priorities and to get buy-in from relevant stakeholders; ability to properly manage expectations.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Research & Development
US Johnston, IA US