Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Statistician. The successful candidate will join a strong, globally distributed Data Science team that develops and applies innovative methods and tools to deliver insights for R&D. The candidate will partner with senior scientists and leaders to lead, shape, and deliver advanced analytics solutions that have direct impact on our Crop Protection R&D. The position will be in Indianapolis, IN.
The candidate must have broad knowledge in statistics plus familiarity with machine learning, leadership, and creativity to invent and deliver novel data science solutions to enable data-driven decisions in a R&D setting. Preference will be given to candidates with familiarity in biotechnology applications such as bioprocessing and bioengineering.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Partner with senior scientists to understand needs, formulate hypothesis, and design statistically sound experiments to solve complex R&D problems
- Implement and deliver rigorous statistical solutions aligned to project needs
- Lead and mange projects; guide team members/junior scientists to ensure scientific rigor in projects under purview
- Communicate insights derived from complex data analysis into simple conclusions that empower leadership to drive action
- Work with leadership to develop and execute long-term advanced analytics strategies
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
M.S. degree with 10+ years of experience or Ph.D. degree with 5+ years of experience in Statistics, Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Quantitative Genetics or related highly quantitative fields.
- Proven ability to independently translate scientific needs into statistical problems by asking the right questions, and then deliver solutions by identifying necessary data, building models, and producing actionable results.
- In-depth expertise designing factorial experiments (e.g., randomized complete/incomplete block designs, nested designs)
- Extensive experience analyzing designed experiments and observational datasets (e.g. linear fixed effects and mixed effects models, generalized linear models, regression analysis, non-linear models)
- Familiarity with machine learning methodologies (e.g. decision trees, neural networks, SVM, unsupervised learning)
- Experience initiating, developing, and leading data science projects/efforts with multiple data scientists
- 5+ years of programming experience with at least one scientific programming language (e.g. Python, R)
- Broad understanding of emerging statistics/machine learning approaches and how they can be deployed to drive value in R&D
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Critical thinking, strong problem-solving skills, flexibility, and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with biotechnology, bioengineering, and bioprocessing
- Experience in deep learning (e.g., CNN, GAN)
- Experience with optimal designs and optimization algorithms
- Experience with visualization and rapid prototyping tools (e.g., R Shiny, Power BI)
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.