As the largest, family-owned retail seed company in the United States, Beck’s was founded on faith, hard work, and innovation of our family and family of employees. As we continue to grow, our culture is maintained by those who work hard to make a difference in the lives of farmers. Beck’s is seeking quality individuals to join our family of employees.
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of any and all software applications assigned by a member of the Software Development team. You will participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle; including analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and support. Your focus will be building data pipelines and APIs to drive custom built applications. This is being offered as a remote or on-site position.
Experience with the following technologies are preferred, but not necessary.
- Python (Flask, NumPy)
- NodeJS (Express, Typescript)
- RDBMS (MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
- GIT (GitHub)
- Message queueing (RabbitMQ)
- Bonus: Familiarity with geospatial data (vector, raster) and tools (Shapely, Rasterio, Fiona, GeoPandas)
- Build data pipelines to efficiently transform and store large-scale machine-generated data.
- Build web APIs for custom applications to consume large-scale data.
- Contribute to large-scale data projects in support of Beck’s FARMserver Group.
- Maintain and modify existing custom software applications.
- Willingness and ability to teach advanced concepts to others.
- Interact with end users to determine specifications for new software applications or software changes.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Education and training:
- B.S. in computer science or related field is preferred.
- Ability to learn independently.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
- Technical knowledge:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in common languages, libraries, frameworks, and tools used in data engineering.
- Strong working knowledge of developing cross platform websites.