PURPOSE AND SCOPE
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be designing and building Database Models and Objects, API’s and User Experiences that enable our Production and Processing teams here at Beck’s to plan for a variety of business-critical scenarios. You enjoy applying your technical skills towards solving challenging problems. You thrive in fast-paced environments, working with smart, like-minded people where ideas are freely exchanged and challenged in order to arrive at well-architected solutions. You are a self-starter and pragmatic in your approach to solving problems. You understand that it takes focus and determination to come up with simple solutions to complex problems and relish the challenge. Your code is clean, easy to reason about, modular, and testable.
- Understand business requirements, work with other team members, and develop solid software solutions.
- Enable access to third-party tools and services to strengthen our value to the business and their partners.
- Engage in code and design reviews to ensure consistency and quality.
- Serve as a voice for the technology department in business requirement discussions to ensure the needs of the entire organization are well understood.
- Be responsible for features all the way from initial concepts to production deployment at all levels of our Tech Stack (SQL Server, NodeJS, Typescript, Angular, SASS).
- Show commitment to maintaining and improving functionality on an ongoing basis.
- Mentor and partner with other members of the team to help them craft great software.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficient with SQL Server, NodeJS, Typescript, Angular, SASS.
- Experience with state management using the NgRx Store.
- Experience building secure REST API’s with NodeJS and Express.
- Experience using and managing data stores such as Redis.
- Experience managing background workloads with job queue packages such as Bull.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, modular, and testable software.
- Significant experience integrating third-party API’s and obscure data formats.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach other software developers.
- Ability to quickly dissect complex problems and provide comprehensive technical solutions.
- Adept at identifying pragmatic solutions.
- Effective communication at all levels of technical understanding.
- Experience with React.
- Knowledge and passion for the farming industry.
- Familiarity working with geospatial data and tools.