Reporting to the Senior Director TSMS BioTech Network , the Senior Technical Services Scientist is responsible for providing technical and strategic support for Biotech based platforms including Monoclonal Antibody production, E. coli Fermentation, and Vaccine Serial Production within Elanco Manufacturing. Working across a network of internal and external sites, the role collaborates with Scientists/Engineers in multiple geographies to deliver technical product and process support activities for diverse BioTech platforms. This role partners closely with R&D to lead, or co-lead, new product introductions to sites within the internal/external network and plays a key part in the development, implementation, and launch of critical pipeline assets. Additionally, the incumbent will support the development and evaluation of emerging talent across the network.
- Oversight of technical operations at Elanco BioTech Sites and External Manufacturing Biotech Partners. Responsibilities include: a) serving as a subject matter expert (SME) for network projects and site specific projects as needed, b) ensuring that the biotech sites/contract partners meet the Global Quality and Manufacturing Standards and have the right technical capability in place. C) acting as a SME to lead investigations and develop robust solutions.
- Serve as a process capability specialist utilizing statistical modeling to advance site capabilities.
- Participates in site investigations as needed, enhancing the site knowledge, understanding and problem solving.
- Development of robust BioTech manufacturing technical transfers strategies. Drive the execution of tech transfers to ensure that they are accomplished on time, with robust manufacturing control strategies implemented at the new site.
- Partner with R&D to enable commercialization of new products. Responsibilities include: a) participating in the manufacturability review process and b) ensuring that the right technical capability (TS/MS) and control strategies are in place for Elanco commercialization activities at the covered sites c) partnership with R&D to execute scale up, registration and validation activities.
- Conceive of and co-lead network continuous improvement initiatives through partnership with the Site TSMS Leaders, which positively impact cycle time, improve productivity, improve gross margin, decrease losses, and improve process robustness.
- Participate in Elanco Due Diligence teams to provide appropriate input.
- Coaches and grows technical talent across the network.
- BS in a Scientific or Engineering Field.
- Familiarity with Global Regulatory Standards (FDA, EU GMP, USDA)
- Experience in corporate TSMS business processes
- Advanced Degree (MS, PhD) preferred
- Experience with a variety of technologies and platforms is preferred including vaccine technologies, recombinant protein platforms, protein-based therapeutics, ABI processing and purification, fermentation technology, and sterile filling technology.
- Effective communication in multi-cultural settings
- Ability to influence people
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with areas inside and outside of Elanco
- Position location is flexible. May be located in Fort Dodge, Iowa or Greenfield, IN
- Relocation benefits provided
- Domestic and/or international travel required
- No medical sensitivities to Elanco Animal Health products
- Shift: Monday-Friday, normal flexible hours
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status