- Develop and execute a territory plan including prioritization of opportunities which will deliver sustainable sales growth within the territory
- Deliver and transfer Key Messages and scientific information around Elanco products to key influencers / decision makers within the designated sales territory
- Identify and assess customer needs
- Uncover customer’s solvable problems and opportunities
- Utilize Elanco’s CRM system for both capturing relevant information and gleaning insight as part of the pre-call planning process
- Incorporate the Elanco product portfolio (products and services) as a part of the solution
- Work closely with salespeople and other internal teams to meet individual and group objectives
- Execute strategies and tactics with corporate accounts to enhance account team’s ability to execute effectively under constantly changing circumstances
- Achieve sales growth in territory
- Represent the “voice of the customer” to Elanco management and marketing
- Bachelor’s of Science (BS) Degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of poultry experience (selling, production, or processing)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Passion for selling and animal agriculture
- Ability to work with and influence broiler, turkey and layer integrators along with key distribution and nutrition customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals, key milestones and action plans for key accounts
- Ability to influence across multiple disciplines: veterinary, nutritional, processing, feed milling, sales and marketing, and senior management.
- Savvy ability to develop, advance and maintain strong relationships
- Self starter with high initiative and sound work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Strong team member with ability to interact and coordinate a diverse set of resources across the customer base
- Entrepreneur mind set with strong grasp of business acumen
- Ability to relocate if necessary
- Position is field based. Travel will be required. Overnight travel will depend on location; expect 40-60% overnight travel.
- Poultry customers for this position MAY be located in New England, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina and/or the Delmarva peninsula.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status