At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Discovery, development, and stewardship of insect control traits requires a thorough understanding of the mode of action of the trait proteins. Many candidate proteins act through mechanisms that disrupt insect midgut function and can be characterized by biochemical and cell-based techniques. This position will utilize these techniques to characterize the mechanism through which the proteins control agronomically important insect pests.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Purify and characterize recombinant insecticidal proteins;
- Perform ligand binding assays and characterize protein-protein interactions;
- Perform biochemical assays aimed at understanding the mode of action of insecticidal proteins;
- Perform insect dissections and/or isolate sub-cellular fractions from dissected tissues;
- Document research and report results and conclusions in written and/or oral format; and
- Maintain laboratory and order supplies
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
MS degree in Biochemistry, Insect Physiology, or related field or BS degree in related field with 3-5 yrs relevant laboratory experience. Applicants should have strong analytical skills, be capable of conducting multiple projects simultaneously, and have technical proficiency in protein biochemistry. The ideal candidate also will have expertise in performing ligand binding assays and/or working with cell-based assay systems. The successful candidate will be reliable, self-motivated, capable of working independently or as part of a group, and competent in written and oral reporting.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.