Corteva Agriscience™ is a leader in delivering novel and sustainable solutions for the future of agriculture. The Trait Discovery – Crop Productivity and Resilience Trait group develops and runs bioassays for corn and soybean diseases. As part of the bioassay process, the group routinely runs gene expression assays for a diverse set of genes. We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to support the development of various gene expression (qRT-PCR) and related assays. The individual also is expected to run greenhouse and/or lab-based plant disease assays.
This position will be on-site at our Corteva location in Johnston, IA.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Developing gene expression and disease assays.
- Characterize pathogenicity variants using genetic and/ molecular methods.
- Develop techniques for long and short-term storage of various plant pathogens.
- Routine laboratory management activities such as inventory of chemicals and supplies.
- MS in Plant Pathology/Plant Molecular Biology or related area with 2+ years of relevant academic or industry research experience, or Bachelor’s degree in Plant Pathology/Plant Molecular Biology with minimum 5+ years of relevant industry or academic research experience.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of plant pathology/mycology and molecular biology.
- Experience with qPCR and qRT-PCR.
- Proficiency in standard DNA sequence analysis software
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Good communication and organizational skills are essential.
Work/Visa Sponsorship not offered for this role
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It’s nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers’ Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!