At Corteva Agriscience, we grow progress by putting farmers and consumers at the heart of agriculture, to help reshape the industry for the 21st century. We believe that the future of farming depends on aligning the food chain from end to end, so that we can work together to build agriculture into an industry that is more financially secure, sustainable, innovative, and responsive. We are helping to shape an industry better able to understand and react to global market demands, that can effectively harness science, technology, and innovation to optimize productivity, and which has the know-how and resources to help chart its own long-term success in the face of challenge and change.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to provide leadership for the Stoneville Crop Protection Discovery and Development projects, including field and lab experiments, based on available objectives, resources and procedures while exercising independent judgement and discretion. You will also ensure efficient daily operation of laboratories and/or field locations.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Support local Scientist with protocol initiation and management for CPDD projects targeting multiple crops and pests, including inoculation prep, artificial inoculation, and monitoring.
- Manage data collection activities for multiple field projects such as visual ratings, pest counts, UAS Imagery, etc.
- Manage seed lab activities for all crops such as counting, sorting, verifying, and shipping using both manual and automated lab equipment.
- Manage assigned FT and seasonal workforce to ensure all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all personnel are properly trained on required procedures.
- Provide People Leader support for assigned employees including preparation of performance goals, employee performance meetings, annual evaluations, and annual incentive distribution.
- Job will require occasional travel and extended hours with weekend work during seasonal workload peaks.
Requirements – What expertise have you grown?
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, weed science, plant pathology, entomology, biology, chemistry or scientific related field plus 2+ years industry related experience required, or relevant master’s degree and up to 2 years industry related experience preferred.
- Agricultural research background and experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated competency in planning projects and multitasking.
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis preferred. Familiarity with use of data collection devices.
- Previous experience or aptitude to be trained in operating various field equipment potentially including but not limited to tractors, harvesters, planters, and spray equipment, and crop physiology instrumentation and weather stations.
- May be required to do physical lifting and work in varying ergonomic environments.
- Capable of working outdoors and in various environments. Willing to work additional hours/weekends during peak periods. Travel to offsite locations with occasional overnight stays will be expected.
- Possess or be capable of obtaining a Research and Demonstration pesticide applicator certification and a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and well-being leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Check out life at Corteva!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!