Corteva Agriscience is a leader in delivering novel and sustainable solutions for the future of agriculture. The Input Trait Discovery group combines genomic analysis, activity-based screening, protein engineering and optimization as well as integrated bioassay systems to deliver novel insect control traits. We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to provide support in developing and running cell-based assays as part of an inter-disciplinary team for our candidate gene evaluation pipeline.
This position will be on-site at our Corteva location in Johnston, IA.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Develop insect midgut single cell isolation and characterization methods
- Responsible for developing and supporting cell-based assays for application that support insect control discovery
- Standardize, author and review operation protocols and screening results
- Be up to date with and explore new cell-based screening technologies to drive assay development forward
- Communicate project status and initiatives with internal and external stakeholders via email and regular progress update meetings
- Design experiments and rigorous analysis protocols to answer biological questions
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
Candidates should have a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in molecular & cell biology or related biomedical/biochemistry disciplines with 1-2 years of direct hands-on industry or academic experience in cell-based applications.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Familiar with flow cytometry or other cell sorting technologies is preferred
- Strong knowledge in mammalian, insect cell line maintenance and genetic manipulation
- Experience in insect midgut single cell isolation and characterization
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and technical writing skills are required.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, persistent, and can work effectively both independently and in teams.
Work/Visa Sponsorship not offered for this role
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It’s nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers’ Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!