Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Senior Product Manager – CRM/Customer Engagement
We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need at Elanco. As such, this position will have significant responsibilities to lead, shape, and define the current and future agenda for IT enabling technologies to drive business growth with a focus on Customer Relationship Management and Customer Engagement through our sales force channel. This role would be engaged in working with global and regional commercial leadership to define and drive sales outcomes and strategies. It would include driving a strong alignment with stakeholders, influencing the agenda for IT to deliver against business strategic imperatives, managing the ‘discovery’ of opportunities in the portfolio backlog, and driving tangible outcomes.
- ‘Own’ the CRM, Customer Engagement, and related products; drive the development of the commercial technology roadmap, standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value.
- Translate commercial sales business needs and drivers into value driven portfolio and enterprise technology strategy.
- Collaborate with senior sales leadership and commercial business partners to define, develop and prioritize execution of IT strategy in line with business priorities
- Ensure alignment with internal IT delivery groups toward the timely delivery of business outcomes and the prioritization of the backlog
- Drive our digital salesforce enablement and 360 customer engagement transformation in partnership with global and regional commercial leaders, in alignment with company strategic objectives and priorities
- Instill and protect a strong focus on customer experience, customer relevance and business impact across the involved IT functions
- Provide direction on what emerging technologies should be introduced. Propose on how to integrate and assimilated within the enterprise to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the business strategy
- Develop annual expense and capital budget that is aligned with business partners for Investment into the IT portfolio.
- Maintain oversight of the sales IT project portfolio, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported across the IT domains to our business partners. Be the face of IT.
- Communicate and provide an on-going scorecard of IT performance against business objectives.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met.
Focusing on Clients & Consumers
- Identify and shapes strategic initiatives to improve the service to customers and stakeholders
- Lead development of new internal services which are strategically important to the business
- Champion customer experience and customer relevance throughout all phase of the product lifecycle
- Use an understanding of sources of competitive advantage to target or support sales activity
- Monitor the marketplace to identify opportunities for new business
Building Strong Relationships
- Build strategic networks which add value to the business
- Develop influencing strategies which take account of the organization’s culture and dynamics
- Use personal credibility and common ground to influence effectively
- Demonstrate personal gravitas in dealings with senior stakeholders
Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Demonstrate a broad and detailed understanding of external activity in commercial
- Identify medium and long term trends in external thinking which will shape strategy
- Lead across the Ops teams to think broadly and flexibly about the strategic opportunities and challenges facing the business
- Show the confidence and courage to challenge and influence wider business strategy
- Demonstrate passion and resolve to achieve business objectives
- Develop performance frameworks for the business (e.g. KPIs, Scorecards)
- Lead the use of data and analytics to evaluate commercial opportunities and risks
- Lead thinking on innovative new commercial models which help the business to stay ahead of the competition
- 15 years of technology experience with minimum 10 years’ experience in progressively responsible leadership IT roles in product management and/or business relationship management, 5 years of experience in a senior leader role.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business area required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams and collaborating across functions to meet the strategic business needs.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Travel: < 25%
Location: Greenfield, Indiana or Remote with ability to travel up to 25%
Schedule: Candidates must have ability to work standard work hours between 7 AM–5 PM EST; in addition, candidates must have ability to work flex hours to accommodate off-hour system deployments and interact with international and offshore team members.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status