As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Senior Product Manager – Commercial IT (Remote)
This is a unique opportunity to help lead, shape, and define our fast-growing portfolio of Commercial products as part of our global Information Technology (IT) Product Management and Business Relationship Management (BRM) organization.
This role will initially focus on discovering and defining the future state product vision and framework, implementing governance, and defining and delivering against roadmaps for Commercial SAP and ERP focused products (i.e., ordering, pricing / promotions / rebates, customer master, business warehouse (BW) reporting, etc.) and as the needs evolve, will expand to support, and influence more broadly across the entire Commercial ecosystem, including but not limited to products like CRM / customer engagement, B2B web / portals, demand planning / sales and operations planning (S&OP), and Commercial data and analytics as part of Elanco’s broader digital transformation.
This role will partner with and influence a team of business stakeholders including global and regional Commercial leadership and Commercial operations leaders, global process owners, product owners, and solutions and product delivery teams to drive significant business impact. While this is an individual contributor role, there will be significant indirect leadership and influence. This role would drive strong alignment and influence the agenda for IT to deliver against business strategic and operational goals, manage the discovery and assessment of assigned opportunities in the Commercial portfolio backlog, and drive tangible outcomes.
The ideal candidate would have both broad Commercial IT experience at a Senior Manager / Director level, and SAP expertise, with experience having implemented Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) agile product management and delivered against SAP product roadmaps using agile.
- ‘Owns’ and delivers against assigned Commercial product(s), projects and/or programs across multiple capability and domain areas, including end-to-end product lifecycle management and roadmaps.
- Drives the development of and actively contributes to requirement gathering, technology roadmaps, standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value. Connects requirements across different functional areas and at the enterprise level.
- Translates Commercial business needs and drivers into a value driven portfolio and technology strategy. Leads discovery and assessment processes including any prototyping and business development experiments. Connects roadmaps and influences the entire enterprise ecosystem across multiple functions.
- Partners across the organization and facilitates development of strategy and approach for assigned Commercial products and recommend associated investment needs and business case to accelerate innovation.
- Builds relationships with internal / external partners and has a seat at the table and helps define and shape innovative Commercial business models including go-to-market and product launch planning.
- Collaborates across the organization at multiple levels, including with senior / executive leadership and Commercial operations business partners. Independently owns executive level relationships with key business partners.
- Ensures alignment with internal IT delivery groups toward the timely delivery of business outcomes and the prioritization of the backlog.
- Identifies emerging technologies and provides direction on how these should be introduced. Proposes on how to integrate and assimilate within the enterprise to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the business strategy.
- Establishes governance and prioritization of Commercial portfolio, investments, and projects.
- Partners with security and engineering teams to complete security assessments and develops remediation plans and ensures Commercial products are secure and aligned with enterprise standards.
- Develops annual expense and capital budget that is aligned with business partners for investment into the business and/or IT portfolio. Track and maintain total cost of ownership of Commercial technology assets. Take an active role in helping define value capture, return on investment, and support business case development.
- Maintains oversight of assigned projects / programs within the Commercial portfolio, ensuring that commitments are thoughtfully planned, staffed, monitored, and reported across the IT domains to our business partners. Be the face of IT to the Commercial business.
- Communicates and provides an on-going scorecard of IT performance against business objectives.
- Establishes appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Collaborates with Commercial leadership and operations teams in designing and optimizing the operational support models to help maximize the value of our Commercial products and capabilities.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Managers and acts as an agile coach.
Focusing on Clients & Consumers
- Identify and shape strategic and operational initiatives to improve the service to customers and stakeholders.
- Lead development of new internal services and products which are strategically important to the business.
- Champion customer experience and customer relevance throughout all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Monitor the marketplace and competitive landscape to identify opportunities for new business.
Building Strong Relationships
- Build strategic networks which add value to the business.
- Develop influencing strategies which take account of the organization’s culture and dynamics.
- Use personal credibility and common ground to influence effectively.
- Demonstrate personal gravitas in dealings with senior stakeholders.
Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Demonstrates a broad and detailed understanding of external activity.
- Identify medium- and long-term trends in external thinking which will shape strategy and prioritization.
- Show the confidence and courage to challenge and influence wider business strategy.
- Lead across the enterprise to think broadly and flexibly about the strategic opportunities and challenges facing the business.
- Demonstrate passion and resolve to achieve business objectives.
- Develop performance frameworks for the business (e.g., KPIs, Scorecards).
- Lead the use of data and analytics to evaluate Commercial opportunities and risks.
- Lead thinking on innovative new Commercial models which help the business to stay ahead of the competition.
- Significant amount of years of technology experience in progressively responsible leadership IT roles, with strong business-leadership facing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business area required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading program / project teams and collaborating across functions to meet strategic business needs.
- Product Manager and/or Product Owner experience with SAFe product management and agile product delivery experience. Being a certified Product Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Master or similar is preferred.
- Significant amount of years of SAP experience in Sales and Distribution (SD), Order to Cash, and Vistex. Experience with Hybris / Commerce Cloud and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) preferred. SAP certifications preferred.
- Salesforce and/or Veeva, Tableau, Microsoft Azure experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Travel: < 25%
Location: Greenfield, Indiana or Remote with ability to travel up to 25%.
Schedule: Candidates must have ability to work within standard work hours between 7 AM–5 PM EST; in addition, candidates must have ability to work flex hours to accommodate off-hour system deployments and interact with international and offshore team members.