Senior Product Manager – Commercial IoT & Innovation
This is a unique opportunity to help lead, shape and define our fast-growing portfolio of Commercial IoT, Data & Innovation products as part of our global IT Product Management and Business Relationship Management (BRM) organization in direct support of our Elanco Knowledge Systems (EKS) business. This role will partner with and influence a team of business stakeholders, product owners, data scientists, engineers, solutions and product delivery teams to drive significant business impact. It would include driving maturity in agile and product management and would partner with enterprise architecture teams to define the modernization roadmap, platform design, and future architecture for EKS business aligned with overall enterprise standards. This role would drive strong alignment across stakeholders, influence the agenda for IT to deliver against business strategic and operational goals, manage the ‘discovery’ of opportunities in the portfolio backlog, and drive tangible outcomes. The ideal candidate would have prior experience with new start-up for data and/or IoT products.
- ‘Own’ the Commercial IoT, Data & Innovation products, projects and/or programs for the EKS business including end-to-end product lifecycle management.
- Drive the development of and actively contribute to requirement gathering, technology roadmaps, standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value.
- Translates EKS business needs and drivers into a value driven portfolio and technology strategy. Leads discovery processes including any prototyping and business development experiments.
- Partners across the organization and facilitates development of the modernization strategy and approach for EKS products and recommends associated investment needs and business case to move towards a modernized platform and delivery approach in order to accelerate innovation.
- Leads relationship with external partners and participates in and represents IT in assessment of strategic partnership, joint venture and/or capital venture opportunities. Has a seat at the table and helps define and shape innovative business models including go-to-market planning and monetization of products.
- Collaborates across the organization at multiple levels, including with senior / executive leadership and commercial operations business partners.
- Ensure alignment with internal IT delivery groups toward the timely delivery of business outcomes and the prioritization of the backlog.
- Identify emerging technologies and provide direction on how these should be introduced. Propose on how to integrate and assimilated within the enterprise to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the business strategy.
- Establish governance and prioritization of EKS portfolio, investments and projects.
- Partners with security and engineering teams to complete security assessments and develops remediation plans and ensures customer facing products are secure and aligned with enterprise standards.
- Develop annual expense and capital budget that is aligned with business partners for investment into the IT portfolio. Track and maintain total cost of ownership of EKS technology assets. Take an active role in helping define value capture, return on investment and support business case development.
- Maintain oversight of assigned projects / programs within the EKS portfolio, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported across the IT domains to our business partners. Be the face of IT to the EKS business.
- Communicate and provide an on-going scorecard of IT performance against business objectives.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Collaborate with commercial leadership and operations teams in designing and optimizing the operational support models to help maximize the value of our EKS products and capabilities.
Focusing on Clients & Consumers
- Identify and shapes strategic and operational initiatives to improve the service to customers and stakeholders.
- Lead development of new internal services and products which are strategically important to the business.
- Champion customer experience and customer relevance throughout all phase of the product lifecycle.
- Monitor the marketplace and competitive landscape to identify opportunities for new business.
Building Strong Relationships
- Build strategic networks which add value to the business.
- Develop influencing strategies which take account of the organization’s culture and dynamics.
- Use personal credibility and common ground to influence effectively.
- Demonstrate personal gravitas in dealings with senior stakeholders.
Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Demonstrates a broad and detailed understand of external activity.
- Identify medium- and long-term trends in external thinking which will shape strategy and prioritization.
- Show the confidence and courage to challenge and influence wider business strategy.
- Lead across the enterprise to think broadly and flexibly about the strategic opportunities and challenges facing the business.
- Demonstrate passion and resolve to achieve business objectives.
- Develop performance frameworks for the business (e.g. KPIs, Scorecards).
- Lead the use of data and analytics to evaluate commercial opportunities and risks.
- Lead thinking on innovative new commercial models which help the business to stay ahead of the competition.
- Significant amount of years of technology experience with the experience in progressively responsible leadership IT roles, product management and/or business relationship management, as well as experience in a senior leader role. Experience in advanced analytics and/or IoT preferre
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business area required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams and collaborating across functions to meet the strategic business needs.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Travel: < 25%
Location: Greenfield, Indiana or Remote with ability to travel up to 25%
Schedule: Candidates must have ability to work standard work hours between 7 AM–5 PM EST; in addition, candidates must have ability to work flex hours to accommodate off-hour system deployments and interact with international and offshore team members
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status