Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opening of Sr Product Analyst.
Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
This role will lead the demand planning, seed scheduling, order process, and seed inventory management for seed testing and evaluation by internal and external customers. These responsibilities include managing seed sourced from Corteva Seed Production and Supply Chain (SPSC) and Research inventories as well as external partners. Responsibilities will enable and support the delivery of the highest quality seed on time to meet end use needs. This position will be a key member of the Research Seed Planning and Logistics team and will be a key connection point to global inventory hub locations and will work within a multi-crop team developing and implementing processes and procedures for inventory management and delivery.
This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work multiple days a week from home.
- Ensure timelines are met
- Ensure highest quality seed is available that exceeds minimum standards
- Manage inventory and work order placement to ensure warehouse operations are effectively and efficiently utilized.
- Demand Planning
- Establish key product specification and quality traits with our internal and external customers for use in demand planning, acquisition, staging, and demand fulfillment
- Develop, coordinate, and execute research demand plan for SPSC, research, or externally sourced material
- Coordinate with SPSC teams to ensure seed acquisition via these teams meet the quality standards
- Coordinate experimental packaging plan
- Scheduling of material
- Determine needs by location based upon demand, considering warehouse utilization and regulatory compliance
- Determine best use of systems and coordinate with warehouse personnel to meet timelines
- Quality Control
- Evaluate inventory to select seed lots that meet or exceed minimum specifications
- Monitor and evaluate testing results
- Determine best use of systems to insure successful data stewardship of quality traits
- Appropriately communicate and resolve quality concerns to internal and external customers
- Order Processing
- Coordinate sourcing of orders and seed requests for internal and external customers by analyzing a requestor’s specifications, regulatory and intellectual property compliance, quality traits, and global supply
- Determine best use of systems to insure successful creation and timely delivery of material and information
- Inventory Management
- Coordinate management and reconciliation of seed inventory
- Ensure logistical excellence and compliance
- Ensure timely seed movement that maintains compliance requirements and is of the highest quality and the correct quantity
- Data Analysis and Management
- Develop necessary data reporting and visualizations through Power BI, SQL and/or Access to assist Research Seed Planning and Logistics team with improved methods of tracking and analysis.
- Drive analytics projects from initial concept to execution: translate a business question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis, and effectively communicate recommended actions.
- Develop and maintain tools that automate demand planning, scheduling, quality, order processing and inventory management to be used in operations and for customers from multiple relational databases.
- Develop and maintain key KPIs
- Develop standalone reports and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Process Improvement
- Manage Corteva Agriscience Management System (CAMS) documentation for the process
- Identify problems, initiate corrective actions, and maintain regular communications with multiple internal and external stakeholders
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Business or related field
- Demonstrated experience in
- Demand planning, inventory management and seed movement
- SQL and creating dashboards in PowerBI to inform and effectively communicate insights to stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access applications
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Organization, time management, and communication skills that allow for working in a multitask environment are required.
- Working knowledge in data management (working with large datasets), statistical analysis, and root cause analysis
- Team skills with ability to work and interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive and willing to learn and take on extra responsibility
- Multi-Crop experience
The following skill sets are preferred:
- Knowledge of agriculture, seed production, seed testing and plant breeding/genetics
- Experience with analytical tools, (Python, R, JMP, SAS, etc)
- Working knowledge of inventory systems, such as PRISM, SAP R/3, SPIN
- Six Sigma, LEAN and/or APICS CPIM certification
- Ability to provide training for proper use of computer systems.
- Adaptability to a fluid work environment and changes in project priorities
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.