Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer with flexible work location.
The Senior Process Engineer (PE) serves as a leading technical resource, providing chemical engineering design solutions for the successful implementation of capital projects and other process technology improvements.
The role exists within Engineering & Operations Technology, a large and diverse technical organization supporting Corteva’s business units and projects globally.
- Apply Chemical Engineering fundamentals to solve complex technical problems involving process design, unit operations, and/or process technology improvements.
- Provide front-end loading (preliminary and conceptual engineering) for cost effective design for chemical manufacturing capital projects.
- Utilize available resources and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to leverage knowledge into process designs and solutions to technical problems.
- Interface with Process Development teams (R&D) to provide chemical process design and operational input.
- Work effectively and efficiently with Design Engineering, Process Automation, Manufacturing, Project Managers and other diverse stakeholders in the execution of capital projects and consulting on technical issues.
- Lead the development of Process Engineering outputs for capital projects, such as Process Flowsheets, Material and Energy Balances, P&IDs, Equipment Specs, etc., with accuracy, completeness and high quality.
- Sizing and selection of chemical process equipment.
- Provide engineering expertise and participate in troubleshooting of technology issues in collaboration with operations, technology, and R&D personnel.
- Coach and mentor less-experienced Process Engineers and review their work.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) activities, applying chemical engineering knowledge to reduce risk.
- Collaborate with process development teams to perform retrofit and/or new process design evalutions for implementation of manufacturing strategies for new products.
- Develop and implement Process Engineering best practices.
Required experiences and skills:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- At least 10 years of previous experience in Process Engineering design work would be advantageous.
- Extensive practical knowledge of the application of chemical engineering fundamentals including fluid flow, heat transfer, separations, reactions, and other unit operations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in chemical process simulation and modeling, pressure relief design, and/or Process Safety Management (PSM) would be advantageous.
- Six-Sigma training or certification would be advantageous.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS / COMPETENCIES
LEADERSHIP: Lead by example. Motivate and energize others to achieve Process Engineering objectives in straightforward and diverse situations. Analyze and define problems, generate and prioritize solutions and implement to achieve results both individually and within the team environment.
INITIATIVE: Take independent action. Influence events to achieve results. Demonstrate bias for action and understand management of risk. Prioritize and meet multiple demands. Be responsive to clients’ needs.
INTERPERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS: Communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and with key stakeholders. Communicate ideas effectively. Explain the rationale behind decisions. Build relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate accomplishing objectives.
TEAMWORK: Collaborate with others to develop plans to achieve overall business goals. Actively participate in and lead teams to achieve objectives.
PROCESS ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply and leverage Chemical Engineering fundamentals and the Process Engineering and project work processes.
Location and Travel Requirements:
- The location for this position can be aligned with one of several U.S. manufacturing sites or offices (with flexible on-site/work-from-home arrangements) or can be fully remote.
- Occasional travel is required including domestic and foreign travel to support Corteva projects and assets.
A minimum requirement for this U.S.-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee.)
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!