Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The process engineer is the technical leader in the operations area he/she is assigned within the Clinton site, Elanco’s largest US manufacturing center. He/she will be a subject matter expert with respect to the process and the equipment, engaged in troubleshooting, data analysis, and regulatory compliance. He/she will also lead the continuous improvement of the operations area and drive capital and expense projects from inception to final implementation. To do this, the process engineer will play a key role in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovation to the operations area considering the aspects of safety, reliability, quality, operability, throughput, and cost.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- The primary focus for this position will be providing technical support and engineering solutions to process and equipment related issues.
- Shared responsibility for regulatory compliance:
- Knowledgeable about the hazards of manufacturing processes. Aware of and supports PSM requirements and other safety/environmental policies/procedures.
- Ensure changes to the process/equipment are documented through the change management system.
- Provide daily support to the operations team regarding equipment and process troubleshooting.
- Be knowledgeable enough on the computer support systems to provide assistance in troubleshooting the process, analyzing data and collaborating with operators.
- Drive continuous improvement into the process, which will involve working with maintenance and operations as well as capital project management.
- This position will provide the technical support and leadership on projects, which will include selecting appropriate improvements, defining the scope, overseeing design and construction, and performing qualification activities.
- This position will serve as a technical and professional mentor for other engineers on the Clinton site.
- At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- BS or MS in engineering (mechanical or chemical preferred).
- Lean/continuous improvement experience, GMP experience
- Knowledgeable in centrifugation, distillation, and/or drying operations
- Strong business and technical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities especially in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred experience with process support.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status