The Senior Manager, Analytics is responsible for applying marketplace analytics to create a competitive advantage for Tyson Foods’ category teams. The individual will address short-term and long range strategic business questions, provide high level forecasting, build business scenarios, provide marketplace and consumer-driven recommendations and optimize marketing ROI.
They will synthesize and distill complex analytics into actionable direction and size the financial and growth impact for their category. The individual will work closely with a suite of supplier agencies to drive research projects.
The position reports to the Associate Director of Analytics but interacts primarily and independently with category team leadership and marketing as well as other cross-functional category team members such as sales, finance, and supply chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads the marketplace analytics learning agenda on their category to meet business objectives
- Builds consumption-based forecast models to accurately predict retail sales volume and provide monthly due-tos.
- Provides regular, ongoing predictive analytics, business planning and scenarios for operations planning and to address business issues and opportunities. Maximizes forecast accuracy for team confidence.
- Makes recommendations for marketing ROI improvement and spending optimization and leads marketing mix learning agenda
- Leads projects and performs analysis to test alternative marketing strategies, gain competitive intelligence, develop merchandising and pricing strategies and size white space opportunities
- Provides Market Insight contribution within cross-functional teams, partnering with Innovation, Marketing, R&D, Sales, on-site suppliers, agencies, and consultants.
- Works with supplier partners to maximize project value and manage projects within cost constraints.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends emerging marketplace analytics supplier partners and best practices
- Leads projects to advance Tyson Foods’ Insights and Analytics state-of-the-art and functional initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Psychology, Marketing Research or related field. Must have focused training in statistics and quantitative analysis. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably on manufacturer-side and with a branded, consumer-goods company, or combination of supplier-side and manufacturer-side experience. Food industry experience is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of syndicated marketplace retail measurement data and consumer panels. Experience working with IRI/Nielsen data required. Experience with marketplace data outside of CPG is valued.
- Demonstrated success in leveraging syndicated data and insights to drive business results.
- Able to develop objective point-of-view, be seen as strategic thought leader on team, and build constructive relationship with internal clients and outside research suppliers.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical ability required
- Must have strong influencing and presentation skills – establishes a point of view, articulates it, and has the ability to influence team members. Their ideas transcend the business team and become company best practice.
- Communicates insights in a clear and concise manner, both through written and verbal communication. Distills complex analytics into actionable direction, financial and growth impact for the category.
- Demonstrated success in leveraging marketing analytics to drive business results.
- Needs successful experience using quantitative approaches used in all or several of the following:
- Marketing Mix, marketing response measurement and marketing ROI optimization
- Trade event response and optimization, pricing response and revenue optimization
- Purchase/need state segmentation (market structure) or consumer/household segmentation
- Test and learn approaches