As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Elanco US Pet Health Retail is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to support Grocery, Drug, Mass, Dollar, and other emerging Retailers growth. In this role you will source, drive, and build relationships with retail partners while working cross-functionally to set up, onboard, and build promotional plans. This cross-functional remote role will report to the Sr. Director Business Development.
- Drive adoption of Elanco Animal Health product offerings.
- Identify and target new retail customers.
- Facilitate product collaboration between Retail partners and internal product teams.
- Implement launch plans and promotional calendars to sustain and support Elanco’s assortment viability long term.
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, category trends, and partner feedback to cross-functional teams.
- Develop mutually beneficial and trusting relationships with partners – make Elanco their preferred vendor partner.
- Provide input on partnership strategies and execute go-to-market plans that demonstrate a compelling value proposition for both parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail
- A collaborative self-starter and thought leader who drives business forward and keeps our team ahead of trends.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships.
- Comfort with basic operational feasibility of partner integrations
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to respond actionably to complex issues, both internally at Elanco and externally with retail partners
- In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (product management, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
- Resilient – doesn’t take no for an answer.
- Strong understanding of sales math with the ability to calculate margins.
- 5 years of CPG or Pet CPG experience across a wide range of customers
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Knowledge of marketing and sales philosophy and practices related to industry is preferred.
- Ability to apply new and emerging technologies, trends and regulations that offer the opportunity for increased productivity and effectiveness.
- Strong consulting and persuasion skills to identify and recommend strategies programs and practices for adoption in each of the sales and marketing units.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively cope within a changing environment.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status