Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Oversee Elanco’s records retention policies and program and manage all litigation related discovery and eDiscovery technologies. This roles reports to the Director – Legal Operations.
- Manage Elanco’s e-discovery and records management areas and needs, including e-discovery strategic planning, the resolution of e-discovery and records management issues with appropriate subject matter experts within the Legal Division and the development of e-discovery metrics
- Develop and maintain legal hold/document retention policies and design and deliver training in these areas for Legal Division personnel
- Implement and manage the Legal Division’s eDiscovery tools and systems, including systems for holds, collection, pre-processing, processing/review and production. Provide guidance and insight into e- discovery and records management best practices
- Manage review of destruction orders
- Set the tone to pro-actively identify process improvements, seek collaborations within and across the function, and develop policies and rule-based guidelines for enhanced operations
- Work with multiple outside legal counsel concurrently and also establish a strong rapport with lead counsels to facilitate proper process adherence and compliance
- Maintain current knowledge and familiarity with technology alternatives in area to support improvement
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing a corporate records program with emphasis on eDiscovery
- Proactive self-starter who can look around the corner
- Experience developing policies and operational infrastructure to support compliance with such policies
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience selecting, implementing and managing systems related to eDiscovery and records management
- Proficient with process optimization and project management to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies across the program
- Proven pro-active development of process improvements, enhanced use of technology and creative presence of applying unique solutions to legacy processes and rule to improve legal systems in area
- Management of data processing and review functions in support of all litigation, compliance, internal audit, and employment matters. This includes interaction with internal IT functions as well as management of external eDiscovery service providers.
Global Records Management (GRM)
- Set the standards for and provide support to the entire Company regarding records retention and disposal in accordance with the Company’s Information and Records Policy. This includes responsibility for the global vendor relationships in connection with physical records, as well as single point of contact responsibility for all data management retention and disposal activities.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status