Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is an independent and objective audit and consulting function within Elanco. Its mission is to assist the company in achieving its objectives by implementing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control and governance processes.
The auditor works with 1-3 person audit teams on domestic and global audits designed to test compliance with good internal control practices, external regulations, and corporate policies and procedures, in alignment with Institute of Internal Audit standards. Responsibilities include identifying and assessing risks, scoping engagements, testing policy compliance, influencing action plans, partnering with affiliate management and audit team members to complete and improve audit processes, sharing of best practices and key learning across the organization.
The emphasis of this position is on information technology controls, information security, and privacy. A significant proportion of the focus of this role wil be Sarbanes-Oxley testing. The auditor may additionally audit risk areas including corruption, promotion, privacy, and may assist legal in conducting investigations and assessments.
- Audit Execution: Partner with Elanco personnel for the purpose of identifying key risks and auditing related controls.
- Process Stewardship: Improve internal audit processes using input from key stakeholders, internal policies and procedures, and external guidance. Implement and automate resilient internal audit processes using technology (e.g. analytics and automation). Identify trends to surface systemic risks and insights to key business partners.
- Communication: Understand critical or unmet needs by actively engaging in dialogue with auditees, affiliate management, audit team members, and business partners about risks and how Corporate Audit Services evaluates risk.
- Maximize People: Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and continual learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience conducting Sarbanes-Oxley audits including IT General and Application Controls.
- Familiarity with software concepts including operating systems, virtualization, database management systems, computer networking, web systems, and cloud
- Demonstrated programming proficiency in a modern object oriented programming language and/or scripting languages
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Interest and ability to cross-train on audit streams including promotional activities, anti-corruption controls, financial controls, and governance
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Prior cybersecurity (e.g. network monitoring, vulnerability management) experience
- Experience implementing audit analytics or automation
- Working towards or have obtained a professional certification (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CIPP, CEH)
Location: This position is remote and may be located anywhere in the US.
Travel: Domestic and international travel of 10-20% (including weekend travel) when travel resumes.
Position Length: this position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually up to 4 years.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status