Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva’s Internal Audit organization serves Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors (Audit Committee) by providing independent, objective assurance, investigation and advisory services to assist Management to improve the control environment, ethics compliance and operational effectiveness and efficiency, reduce risk and achieve Corteva’s strategic objectives.
Internal Audit will:
- Partner with Management to improve risk and control awareness through insightful findings and improvement recommendations, while maintaining the highest professional standards; and
- Bring a systematic, disciplined, dynamically adjusted approach to evaluate and recommend improvements to the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes.
Job Duties – How will you help us grow?
- Helps define and leads Internal Audit’s strategy for technology and automation innovation.
- Identifies and develops relevant data analytics, data visualization, and continuous auditing/monitoring opportunities.
- Helps drive performance of analytics solutions to impact audit scope, driving efficiencies in the audit process.
- Leads the day-to-day in exploring analytical approaches and assistance in developing data-centric solutions.
- Provides relevant expertise to other team members regarding analytics.
- Leads and participates in audits and reviews of systems and processes, with an emphasis on internal controls and business ethics at the corporate level and for multiple businesses in locations throughout North America.
- Leads and participates in audits by planning and scoping, conducting audit opening/closing/status meetings, executing audit programs, conducting interviews, and testing, documenting findings, making recommendations, preparing, and reviewing work papers, assisting management in determining audit opinions, and writing and reviewing findings and audit reports.
- Evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, adherence to established policies and procedures, and regulatory guidance and conducts test work as outlined in the audit work program.
- Utilizes judgment as to expansion of scope, further test work needed based on trends or exceptions identified. Prepares work paper documentation to support test work performed and conclusions reached.
- Discusses irregularities, exceptions, and deficiencies discovered during the audit with the area’s supervisory personnel. Utilizes judgment and experience to assess the associated risk of the issues as to impact on conclusions, SOX 404 deficiency classification and overall audit opinion.
- This role involves interaction with leadership within Finance, functions and the businesses.
Requirements – What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a closely related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Strong communication skills with English Proficiency.
- 3-6 years of demonstrated experience in audit, accounting, finance, supply chain, or operations.
- CPA / CIA or other professional certification preferred.
- Internal or external audit experience required.
- Prior experience auditing using data analytics and proficiency in analyzing structured and unstructured data.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members as needed; managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Exhibit the communication skills needed to explain audit findings to obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Demonstrate strong report-writing skills and a history of making tangible contributions to finished products.
- Ability to recognize and communicate control weaknesses.
- Proficient in SAP (FI, MM, BW etc.), Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in a data visualization tool (i.e. Tableau and SAP Analytics).
- Working knowledge of SAP Tools and Technology.
- Requires travel approximately 10 – 20% of the time.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.