The Senior HR Employee Relations Associate is a member of a centralized team that provides employee relations and HR Investigations support for the US based employees. This position will answer the needs of our customers by delivering high quality and timely HR services while balancing the needs of the employee, manager and company to improve business performance. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities, this position will serve as a subject matter expert on employee relations processes, conduct workshops on ER topics that improve internal HR processes and better enable supervisors, and provide support to HR Business Partners (HR BPs).
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Coach and counsel managers in areas such as:
- Team member effectiveness and local organizational issues
- Fair and consistent treatment and application of Elanco policies
- Performance management and discipline
- Coach and counsel employees in areas such as:
- Workplace issues
- Meeting performance expectations
- Personal issues with referrals to appropriate experts
- Conduct manager and employee discussions to understand reasons for poor performance and assist in the delivery of appropriate discipline
- Document discussions and store in case management system
- Timely and consistent follow up as needed
- Consult with legal on non-standard situations
- Complete termination documentation and off-boarding activities as needed
- Conduct and manage typically level one and level two HR investigations:
- Plan, conduct, and document investigations
- Communicate and deliver investigations outcome
- Assist/Support Ethics & Compliance team with level three HR investigations
- Maintain knowledge of Elanco HR process and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of Elanco employee population including business functions
- Ensure all company, state, local and other applicable laws or requirements are met with respect to HR process support.
- Continually improve team’s processes and practices to minimize bureaucracy and improve efficiency for HR, employees, and key partners.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on key ER and investigations process and/or with business or HR partner.
- This includes owning ER and investigations job aides/guidelines, looking for opportunities to streamline, sharing key learning with team, networking with centralized process owner, and training team members.
- Process Owner for processes retained by the ER teams. Examples include but not limited to: US Employee Handbook, ePersonnel History Folder Retention and Archiving, Due Diligence assistance, assist WPA team with Workplace Accommodations, Medical Reassignments, Leaves of Absence support, US Anti-Harassment Training curriculum, Unemployment Insurance Claims hearings, Workforce Reduction processes
- Investigate and resolve workplace complaints, disputes, and discrimination and harassment matters related to the Company Code of Conduct.
- Support HR BPs and broader organization during organization restructuring events; coach HR BPs, provide resources for their use with their business leaders, create, deliver and maintain all Separation documentation associated with the restructuring event.
- Influence the quality of service from the HR shared services organization and ensure management and employees understand and adopt Elanco’s self service model. Build strong partnership with the HR shared services team members
- Participate in projects, initiatives and workshops that improve US HR processes and better empower and enable Elanco leadership (TIM)
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in HR and 2 yrs. Employee Relations experience.
- Strong record of successful performance.
- Demonstrated positive leadership behaviors.
- Proven critical thinking and excellent judgment.
- Ability to coach, influence and develop people at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to have crucial conversations
- Strong written and oral communication skills in all forums – group presentation, face-to-face meetings, and phone conversations.
- Ability to maintain calmness, objectivity, impartiality, confidentiality and fairness throughout the employee relations or investigative process
- Attention to detail and strong documentation skills.
- Strong computer skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong Project Management skills
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Experience with case management software, experience with ServiceNow ITIL (author and manager) view an added plus
- Experience with Workday
- Experience off-boarding employees due to workforce reductions
- Experience participating in Unemployment Insurance dispute hearings with judge
- Location: this role can be located anywhere in the US with ability to travel to Elanco’s corporate headquarters in Greenfield, IN, as needed.
- Travel: Minimal travel required
- Flexibility to adapt working hours based on needs of the business area or investigation
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status