PURPOSE AND SCOPE
As the largest, family-owned retail seed company in the United States, Beck’s was founded on faith, hard work, and innovation of our family and family of employees. As we continue to grow, our culture is maintained by those who work hard to make a difference in the lives of farmers. Beck’s is seeking quality individuals to join our family of employees.
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of any and all software applications assigned by a member of the Software Development team. You will participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle; including analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and support. While your focus will be geospatial applications, you will need to be knowledgeable in all areas of development. This is being offered as a remote or on-site position.
This role requires experience in Python and NodeJS technologies specifically. Experience with the following technologies are preferred.
- Familiar with GIS open source tools like Shapely, Rasterio, Fiona
- Rabbitmq (message queueing)
- Experience across Databases technologies like MS-SQL, PostGres, and Mongodb
- Imagery Processing
- Willingness and ability to teach advanced concepts to others.
- Interact with end users to determine specifications for new software applications or software changes.
- Perform geographic data analysis, data conversion, data management, and map automation with Python.
- Produce customized analysis tools for internal users.
- Contribute to large-scale geographic spatial projects in support of Beck’s FARMserver Group or Beck’s Enterprise GIS Services.
- Maintain and modify existing web applications.
- Utilize performance monitors for web site optimization.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Education and training:
- B.S. in computer science or related field is preferred.
- Ability to learn independently.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
- Technical knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience.
- Proficient in common languages, libraries, frameworks, and tools used in Geospatial development.
- Working knowledge of imagery processing required.
- Strong working knowledge of developing cross platform websites.
- Knowledge of Git workflow a plus.