This position will be a key contributor to the Elanco Corporate Accounting and Reporting (ECAR) team and will assist with and be responsible for many aspects within the month-end closing process and the consolidation of financial results for Elanco Corporate consolidation activities including analysis of consolidated data, consolidation roll-ups, assisting with intercompany transactions and other special transaction accounting. This position requires working with fellow ECAR team members, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Elanco Global Shared Services (ECS), Global Treasury, Corporate Tax, Corporate Manufacturing, global affiliate controllers, and external auditors.
Assist in preparing the accounting and executing the corporate consolidations process and external management reporting for Elanco consolidated results; Corporate consolidation activities including consolidation roll-ups; Preparation of top-level entries; Troubleshooting accounting issues with affiliates; Performing audit and quality checks during the monthly close; Assisting with Intercompany accounting; other monthly and quarterly close-related analyses such as balance sheet and income statement analysis; Quarterly financial reporting activities including assistance in the preparation of footnotes for quarterly external report filings (10-Q/10-K), certain year-end reporting schedules; and other corporate accounting and consolidation projects.
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
- Participate in the ongoing process improvement of a new global close process
- Act as a key team member in administering and monitoring the global close process
- Assist in preparing the accounting and executing the Corporate Consolidation process for Elanco
- Preparation of monthly-close SOx deliverables, including audit and quality checks
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly analyses such as the Balance Sheet and Income Statement analysis
- Assist in preparation of Internal Consolidated Financial Statements
- Compilation of select financial statements and supporting footnotes and schedules for the quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K SEC filings for Elanco
- Special project work including changes in accounting, intercompany accounting and consolidations activities
- Perform certain month end closing related activities, including creating and posting top level consolidation journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Participate in the integration of the Bayer SAP systems into Elanco SAP
- Assist with establishing and refining accounting policies
- Participate in SAP Consolidations/Management reporting
- Assist in assuring compliance with Elanco Global Accounting Policies and Practices
- Pursue opportunities for streamlining and improving processes
- Special projects as needed
Corporate Closing: Monitor Non-SAP affiliate trial balance submissions. Work with Elanco Shared Services to monitor the global close process; Work with other ECAR team members and learn all aspects of the Corporate financial consolidation process sufficient to share responsibilities; Review of Corporate audit and quality checks during the monthly close; Troubleshoot issues with affiliate and ESC accounting personnel, FP&A and country/regional analysts. Assist with management reporting including the preparation of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement analysis. Pursue opportunities to streamline processes within the closing process. Provide accounting operational and technical guidance to affiliates and other corporate areas (Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing) in the form of training, policies and adequate instructions to ensure that we maintain a quality control environment, make efficient use of company resources and assure compliance with Elanco Global Accounting Policies and Practices. Understand link between external reporting and management reporting to ensure that we account for transactions properly in our ledger and provide appropriate guidance to affiliates.
Account Reconciliations: Prepare monthly account reconciliations and top-level journal entries.
External Financial Reports: Prepare Consolidated Balance Sheet and Income Statement analysis at month end. Assist in review of all external reporting for the Press Release, Audit Committee, Investor Relations and the filing of the SEC 10-Q and 10-K. Look for opportunities to streamline reporting within SAP and other systems and processes.
Other Special Projects: Maintain year-end reporting schedules for footnotes; assist with government reporting; perform SOX control reviews for journal entries and account reconciliations; Participate in the integration of the Bayer SAP systems into Elanco SAP; other special projects as identified throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Candidate
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Flexibility during peak closing periods. Overtime is required during month-end closing, especially at year-end.
- Minimal travel.
- Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
- Minimum 2 year experience in Finance function or public accounting practice with knowledge of US GAAP technical accounting preferred
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Fluency in English
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP GA module and Business Objects
- Strong self-management skills and high learning agility
- Proven ability to produce high quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customer focus
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Solid problem solving skills and ability to be innovative and creative
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Attention to detail
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status